Dataton Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. RBeddig

Conditions and Auto Update

This is the behavior if you change it in the preferences. Preference changes are something which works like a preparative preset for your show, not something you change during a presentation. You can though change the conditional layer status from outside through telnet at any time while the show is running, e.g. through a control system (WATCHNET, BLOCKS, Medialon, Universe,...). You could also send strings from a timeline to change the selection while the show is running.
  3. jfk

AMD S400 module and performances

The WATCHOUT version is significant in answering this question. There has been anomalies observed related to hardware assisted synchronization in some older versions and they have been addressed.
  4. Fredrik Svahnberg

Unstable WATCHNET situation..

Hi Ruben! If you want a rock solid solution for controlling WATCHPAX, DMX etc from touchscreens or mobile devices, I would be delighted tell you more about our PIXILAB Blocks system http://pixilab.se/blocks. Please contact me off forum so we can continues the discussion. Speak soon, [email protected]
  5. esambell

secActivate Error

Thanks for the info. The production computer only has a single NIC, and we've tested the display computer with the second NIC disabled, but it didn't change the issue. Windows firewall is turned off at the service level, not just disabled, so it's unlikely that's the problem. In the Wireshark traces I do see a multicast packet go out as soon as the secActivate command is sent, but the multicast packed doesn't show up in the traces on the display computer end. I suspect though that this is simply because the display software hasn't joined the multicast group.
  6. Hi Guys, just looking for some advice or recommendation towards following system. Do you guys thing Nvidia or AMD is the way to go? Thinking of a solid system for 4x 4K Output with possible sync of more than one machine. SUPERMICRO SuperO MBD-C9Z390-CGW-O - Server grade Motherboard with 10Gb Network and 2x M.2 Slots with heatspreaders Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz - CPU (Is it better to go for i9? I think its overkill, right?) Noctua NH-D15 - CPU Cooler (We are working in Saudi and Dubai, Did you guys have better experience with Water cooling or fans for hot environment?) CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (Do i need quicker speed?) SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB for System Storage SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 1TB for Media Storage Rosewill RSV-L4000 4U Rack with proper cooling and Dust Filter CORSAIR HX Series HX1000 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply with some extra power so it stays cool Marian Seraph D4 Sound Output Graphics Card: Radeon Pro WX 7100 AMD FirePro S400 Sync Card or PNY Quadro P4000 NVIDIA Quadro P4000 HP 1WT20AA Nvidia Quadro Sync Ii What do you guys think?
  7. nikolai

Conditions and Auto Update

Hi If you change layer conditions in preferences, you have to do an update for the changes to take effect. Auto update does not seem to work with conditions. If this is a feature please say so in the manual, the natural thing would be that auto-update took care of this.
  8. RBeddig

how to make watchnet bundle in version 5

Simple answer, this feature was introduced in WATCHOUT 6. You can't export WATCHNET bundles in WATCHOUT 5.
  9. JOAN BORREGO

operating system error -2147220927

Hello, Im trying to play one clip of video that is mp4, with codec h264, and on the production pc its working but on display computer it doesn´t work. In addition on the message window it´s showing an error, please find attached Im working with 6.4 version and W7. I can play this clip at display pc manually, but through watchout i can´t. I can try to recodify file to hap codec, but in theory h264 must work, and there are a lot of costumers bring me normally this kind of files. Anybody knows what are the reason and possible solution for this issue. Thanks in advance
  10. Quim

how to make watchnet bundle in version 5

Hi Rishabh, You need to do it manually compressing different files and folders in a zip and then changing the extension. Here you have some instructions from older Watchnet manual: Creating a WATCHOUT bundle You will be able to export such a presentation bundle directly from within a future WATCHOUT version. In the meantime, a bundle can be created manually by following these steps. 1. Consolidate the show to a folder. 2. Select all items in this folder (you must select all the items inside the folder, as shown below, not the folder itself), and compress them to a ZIP file. 3. Rename the resulting ZIP file to showname.wob, where “showname” is the name the show will be known under in WATCHNET. NOTE: Make sure you have “show file extensions” enabled in Windows, so the file gets the desired .wob extension. If file extensions are hidden, Windows may instead rename the file to “showname.wob.zip”, which will not work in WATCHNET. Quim
  11. marklian

AMD S400 module and performances

Shouldn't have such an impact. Done more than 5 outputs with multiple videos running. Only HD though, not 4k. WX9100 with S400.
  12. marklian

10Gb bottleneck relief

We had our rigs on 10GB nic and switches for a while. The transfer speeds are not 10x faster but significantly faster for sure compared to 1Gb, possibly 4-5x. Our rigs are on 2 x NvME Raid 0 with full PCI buses given to them. Psychologically though after owning them for a while, they will feel "slow" as you get used to their speed. =D
  13. hi, i am in middle of an old installation which needs to be rectified a bit, but i am not finding any material in regards how to create watchnet bundle in watchout version 5, need support. thanks in advance.
  14. RBeddig

secActivate Error

It very much looks like a network issue and probably it is not WATCHPOINT generating the issue but the underlying Windows OS. I found some hints on SSL on the web which does not make sense here, but you should check whether you only use one NIC on both the production side and the display computer. Are both computers running Windows 10? Have you been able to use the computer(s) with WATCHOUT before? Is the firewall turned off on both ends? We have seen cases with Windows 10 where you'd need to turn the firewall on at first, then connect WATCHOUT (online) and tell the firewall that you want those ports to be open and then turn the firewall off again. It wouldn't work when the firewall was off right from the beginning.
  15. esambell

secActivate Error

We're having an issue where we're getting a secActivate error, which Watchout reports as a network error, but reviewing the communications between the production and display computer in Wireshark indicates that the network messages are being passed with out issues (at least on the basic TCP connection). Does anyone know what the secActivate command does and why it might throw an error? We've gone through all the typical troubleshooting steps, such as simplifying the network, changing between computer name and IP address display specifications and starting a new show files (error happens even on a blank show). Thanks!
  16. Earlier
  17. Josef Swanberg

Cannot import .fbx 3d objects

Hi, It seems your files are exported with a quite old version of FBX, that not even Blender is able to import. Try and see if you can export with a newer version, maybe in your exporter settings, or by updating to a newer version of C4D, or by using a different software. Regards Josef
  18. RBeddig

10Gb bottleneck relief

Yes and no. It depends on the reading speed of the data drive in the production computer. In theory a 10 Gbit network can deliver appr. 1,280 MB/s. A standard SATA-III drive in a notebook will read maybe 500MB/s. If your production computer has a raid 0 of at least 3 SATA-III driver or a fast M.2 (NVMe) drive it will speed the transfer up. Of course, your display computers need a 10Gbit network card as well.
  19. Found it finally somewhere in the manual - the hint on the display computer do a ctrl W and set the sound output
  20. Adam Larsen

Windows 10 Tweaking Guide

Hi all, I just built 2 display computers (Win 10 64 bit), did all the tweaks and Watchout is freezing when I first go online or hit "update." The progress bar appears, starts to load with the word "Analyzing..." (I'm not in live mode) and then it stops. After 60 seconds the network connection drops, Watchdog jumps into action, and I get the same frozen "Analyzing..." screen after going offline and back on again. Then I have to open the task manager to force quit Watchout. Oddly, if I open task manager while Watchout is frozen with "Analyzing..." up and then cancel the task manager from that initial screen, the display seems to operate normally until I update or go off and online again. The computers are identical: Fractal Design Core Series 500, No PSU, Mini-ITX, Black, Cube Case ASROCK Z390M-ITX/ac, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, Mini-ITX Motherboard INTEL Core™ i7-9700K 8-Core 3.6 - 4.9GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100, 900 - 1240MHz, 8GB GDDR5, Graphics Card COOLER MASTER MWE Gold 650, 80 PLUS Gold 650W, No Modular, ATX Power Supply KINGSTON 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, CL18, White, DIMM Memory SAMSUNG 500GB 970 EVO Plus 2280, 3500 / 3200 MB/s, V-NAND 3-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD CRUCIAL 120GB BX500 7mm, 540 / 500 MB/s, 3D NAND, SATA 6Gb/s, 2.5-Inch SSD MICROSOFT Windows 10 Pro 64-bit DVD OEM Any thoughts? Adam
  21. Roggie Rog

10Gb bottleneck relief

Hello. Would a production machine with a 10Gb NIC and 10Gb switch relieve the bottleneck of pushing content to multiple display machines—e.g., primary and backups, hence getting the same content—with 1Gb NIC’s?
  22. rilanov

Unstable WATCHNET situation..

Hi buddy, did you tryong playing in loops? I guess that might slove the issue in parts, and restarting should get it done. Regards, Rila Nov
  23. W7 will not play any sounds from WO (6.3.1)(sounds are wav-files) - on production computer it's ok. Tested a file with Quicktime on the display computer which gives sound to the headphone out. As far as I want to trigger the show with Watchnet I need the sound on the display computer. The computer has 2 video outputs and the sound files are put on display 1. Any ideas??
  24. Alex Ramos

Videos not playing properly

I don't know what you mean by "normal video" This only works if the original video is already using alpha channel. Ex: Apple Animation+ --> HapAlpha, Apple ProRes 444 --> HapAlpha PNG sequence+ --> HapAlpha This is the simplest command I can think of. ffmpeg -i [input file] -vcodec hap -format hap_alpha [output file.mov]
  25. PierreLucB

Cannot import .fbx 3d objects

Hi guys, Every time I try to import a FBX 3D object Watchout gives me an "Not recognized as a media file" error. I've joined 2 fbx exported differently to see if you can try them. .OBJ work but from C4D in obj, C4D always exports the whole scene. With FBX I can export only a selection which I need to do. Any ideas what could be blocking it? Thanks. J1-plb-1.fbx j1.fbx
  26. Jacquie McHale

WATCHOUT 6.4 released

Hi Everyone, We're pleased to announce that WATCHOUT version 6.4 is now available for download! A big thank-you to all beta testers for their invaluable feedback. https://www.dataton.com/downloads/watchout Dataton WATCHOUT User's Guide 6.4 (pdf) Release notes: Dataton WATCHOUT® version 6.4 This version contains some new features, such as MPCDI file import and task folders, and fixes some issues. Multiple Projection Common Data Interchange (MPCDI) file import You can now import display and projector calibration data from MPCDI files. Please consult the user’s guide for more information. Task folders Auxiliary timelines can now be grouped and organized into folders in the task window. The order of timelines, folders, and timelines in folders, all affect the stacking order when rendered. Dragging and dropping tasks to change their order, and place them in folders, has been reworked to be more intuitive. Custom cue colors You can now set custom colors on cues, either on different types of cues through the Preferences dialog, or on individual cues in their corresponding dialog. More new features Manual pre-roll can now be applied on all kinds of media cues, not just video and audio. You can open a capture card control panel on Dataton media servers, where applicable. The task window can now be locked, to prevent any unwanted changes in stacking order, trigger conditions etc. Improvements Cues are always rendered and pre-rolled, regardless of opacity, resulting in smoother playback in cues that are faded in. HAP video can utilize more than 16 logical CPU cores if encoded with more than 16 chunks. This can increase HAP video performance on high-end media servers. Improved overall performance on Windows 10 media servers to resolve some instances of choppy playback. The process of entering or exiting fullscreen mode has been improved. Enhanced NDI performance and stability (update to NDI 3.8) Fixes An issue with preloading from version 6.3 has been fixed. This could cause glitches and/or poor performance of any media playback, when jumping on the timeline or using play/pause cues. The production software will no longer hang if you delete a virtual display device while its corresponding media is being used in a media cue. Replacing any media cue by a DMX media no longer causes the production software to crash. The display software could turn black when connecting/disconnecting a display, if there was no show running. This has been fixed. In Windows 10, the show’s refresh rate was not set correctly on certain displays/projectors. This has been resolved. When calibrating a 3D projector while there were multiple 3D objects on different stage tiers, WATCHOUT placed the calibration points on all those objects, not just those on the same tier as the projector. This has been fixed. Timecode now works with non 44.1 kHz devices.
  27. christopherav

Videos not playing properly

am using fmpeg convertor to convert. am using command for conversion ; ffmpeg.exe -i %input% -an -ss 120 -t 30 -c:v hap -format hap_alpha -chunks 4 -y bbb_2160p30_hap.mov is this right command to convert normal video to hap_alpha ?
  1. Load more activity