iPhone camera as live video source

Lior

For a live performance act I am planning, I want to use a live video stream from my iphone camera (there are several apps that do that: Streamer, Mobiola webcamera, mini webcam etc. which all work over wifi network and show you the live feed in the browser through ip adress like 10.0.0.3 for example) and incorporate it into the Watchout stage with other video files I have. However I dont know what URI  to put in  the network video window. Any idea anyone?

I can tell you an alternative that we used to do this. There's no need for external apps.

You need an iphone X and an apple TV. Follow these steps (source: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201335):

1. Connect your iOS device and your Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Center.
  3. Tap AirPlay.
  4. Tap the name of the Apple TV you wish to AirPlay to, then tap Mirroring. Once enabled, your iOS device's screen will be mirrored on your Apple TV.

Then, you need an HDMI capture card (like Blackmagic Intensity Pro) and capture the Apple TV HDMI output into your blackmagic HDMI IN. Then you will see your iPhone screen in your Watchout System.

Thank you Sasami but its a bit above my resources...:( 

I thought that as long as i got my iphone video stream already hooked to a certain ip (I can see it in my borwser) there might be a way to get that as a network video element on watchout...Isnt there a way there?

I think the problem is that the FaceTime protocol is Apple proprietary.

Possible workaround: i have used a software app for PC and Mac called 'Airserver'. http://www.airserver.com.

This allows your computer to receive from AirPlay (and Miracast for Android) devices.

Your mobile device sees the PC as an AirPlay or Miracast receiver and will send a perfect stream of everything shown on your iDevice/Android screen.

Then use the Live Video Media type to bring your PC desktop into the Watchout stage via VNC.

This requires no hardware capture gear, just purchase of Airserver.