Midi Show Control problem

jens

Hi I have a show where I use Midi Show Control(MSC) from a GrandMA2 Light Desk.

In general it works OK, but when I try to send several MSC commands in a row, 5 commands within 0.5 sec, to 5 different aux timelines, Watchout don't seem to get them all.

Can it be that Watchout cant handle commands that close?

Is there som way to have a MSC event viewer built in to Watchout, and have a filter so I can filter out some MSC commands.?

Another thing is, as it is now, when I uses MSC to control cues in the aux timelines, the timeline have to

have the name of the button on the GrandMa2, ie: button 136.

Then the aux timeline name have to be 136, that is not the best, then you have many timelines.

Is it possible to assign the MSC trigger name somewhere else then by the name, maybe in the properties window (ctrl+j)

of the aux timeline?

Regards

Jens

Can it be that Watchout cant handle commands that close?

Is there som way to have a MSC event viewer built in to Watchout, and have a filter so I can filter out some MSC commands.?

WATCHOUT should be able to handle commands that close.

No there is no MIDI event viewer in WATCHOUT (and I have asked Dataton for one in the past).

MIDI OX is shareware that can both display all packets on the MIDI stream as well as filter displayed packets as you wish.

Another thing is, as it is now, when I uses MSC to control cues in the aux timelines, the timeline have to

have the name of the button on the GrandMa2, ie: button 136.

Then the aux timeline name have to be 136, that is not the best, then you have many timelines.

That does not sound right.

Normally you would trigger cues from a cue number within a cue list.

The numbered auxiliary timeline is the cue list number, not the cue number.

Cue numbers within a cue list should start a Control Pause cue with the cue number as its name, not the auxiliary timeline name.

If you assign an auxiliary timeline to a cue list number and there are no cues within the cue list, it is not going to do anything anyway.

So you should not have a lot of timelines unless your GrandMA has a lot of

cue lists with actuall cues inside the cue list to trigger cues in a timeline.

Maybe a GrandMA user can chime in and correct me if I am wrong?

That does not sound right.

Normally you would trigger cues from a cue number within a cue list.

The numbered auxiliary timeline is the cue list number, not the cue number.

Cue numbers within a cue list should start a Control Pause cue with the cue number as its name, not the auxiliary timeline name.

If you assign an auxiliary timeline to a cue list number and there are no cues within the cue list, it is not going to do anything anyway.

So you should not have a lot of timelines unless your GrandMA has a lot of

cue lists with actuall cues inside the cue list to trigger cues in a timeline.

Maybe a GrandMA user can chime in and correct me if I am wrong?

I think we mean the same. And I have explaned it wrong.

On the GrandMA2 I have a button named 136, it containers a cue list, with cue 1, 2, 3, 4...18, 19, 20 

Then on WO I have an aux timeline named 136, and it have the pause command cues named: 1, 2, 3, 4...18, 19, 20

And it all work fine - but then I have many timelines named ie.: 136, 137, 138, 139....200, 201

It is hard to remember witch is witch, and it would be nice to assign the cue list name an other place ie. in the propperties of the timeline. - does that make sense?

After trying the midi monitor You linked to, I can see the WO machine dont receive all the commands, there has to be a delay between them.

Regards

Jens