Datapath "No Signal" dialogue

Tim Monnig

Hello All,

I have four computers with a compliment of Datapath cards: 2 with a Vision SDI2, and 2 with both a Vision SDI 2 and a Vision RGB-E1S DVI Capture card.  Is there a way to turn off the no signal frame counter whilst passing inputs in Watchout (I've also reached out to Datapath)?  I have an option for turning off the text (I presume it's this text) in the Vision software, but it doesn't seem to translate to Watchout (provided it should).  I'd like to make it such that the cards will go black upon loss of signal to avoid having to reroute to another source downstream to cover for the reroute upstream (it's not always a luxury I have).  I could also enter standby mode standby in the Watchout or go to black in the timeline, but depending on the show, that's not always desirable either.  Thanks!

Tim Monnig

MooTV

No, not aware of any way to disable the no signal indication in the WDM driver used by WATCHOUT.

(Vison software does not use the WDM driver, it uses a proprietary DataPath driver,

so it has additional functions not defined in the Microsoft WDM standard.)

I am a bit surprised this is working for you.

My experience is, when the computer is booted up, if there is no signal on the capture card,

it defaults to 800x600 and locks that in,

so that when a signal is presented to the card, it does no adapt to the new signal resolution.

Even though I had not cued up the capture card, it still initializes and locks a resolution on power up.

Granted I was using VGA when I observed this.

Point is, for stable results, a signal should be present on the card at all times.

That, or simply end the cue so that you do not see it when signal is lost.

My experience is, when the computer is booted up, if there is no signal on the capture card,

it defaults to 800x600 and locks that in,

so that when a signal is presented to the card, it does no adapt to the new signal resolution.

Even though I had not cued up the capture card, it still initializes and locks a resolution on power up.

Granted I was using VGA when I observed this.

FYI, this behavior has been changed in the upcoming WATCHOUT 6 version so that it will provide the right resolution even if the signal is NOT yet available by the time you hit the cue.

Mike