Multiple inputs for running a show without a Spyder or similar.

Bluetonesblue

Hello all!

I'm thinking of upgrading our Wathcout system to include multiple SDI capture cards. This way I could do corporate shows without using a Spyder, or equivalent, for PPT, IMAG, Sat/video conference and the like.

Experience, real-world "gotchas," satisfaction from a user, etc, etc, etc...

Thanks all!!

Kevin Lawson

Hi Kevin

I've build several systems now, with HDSDI cards from Datapath. We used to go with the much cheaper similar cards from Black Magic, but there there was a lot of issues, that weren't fixable, such as start up problems, work arounds etc. So I will definitely recommend Datapath. BTW we have just decided to build a new system, with 2 cards, with 4 HDSDI inputs on each.

Best regards Christian

I've seen worse delay with some "Broadcast" switchers! 

Thank you. 

I also saw on another post of yours, where you discussed adding a cue to the capture card as part of the standby layer/s of the main timeline. This wouldn't interfere with calling the same input , essentially, simultaneously? (Since the Standby layer/s are ALWAYS on.) Calling multiple times to the same input is fully supported and works fine? 

If you used multiple inputs, should you then place a cue for each on the Standby, so they are all "loaded" and ready to go?

Thank you again!!

Kevin Lawson

I've seen worse delay with some "Broadcast" switchers! 

Thank you. 

I also saw on another post of yours, where you discussed adding a cue to the capture card as part of the standby layer/s of the main timeline.

1) This wouldn't interfere with calling the same input , essentially, simultaneously? (Since the Standby layer/s are ALWAYS on.)

2) Calling multiple times to the same input is fully supported and works fine? 

3) If you used multiple inputs, should you then place a cue for each on the Standby, so they are all "loaded" and ready to go?

Thank you again!!

Kevin Lawson

Yes to all three questions  ;)

Hi Kevin

I've build several systems now, with HDSDI cards from Datapath. We used to go with the much cheaper similar cards from Black Magic, but there there was a lot of issues, that weren't fixable, such as start up problems, work arounds etc. So I will definitely recommend Datapath. BTW we have just decided to build a new system, with 2 cards, with 4 HDSDI inputs on each.

Best regards Christian

Thank you Christian.

We have a BM card in our system now, and it was a bear to get running. The folks over at ShowSage helped us to get it running. Who knew that going to an OLDER driver would fix a problem!?   ;)

I didn't see a 4-input SDI card on DataPath's website. Just a 2 input with loop-thrus. Am I missing something?

@ jfk

Thank you!  :D

Kevin Lawson