Midi Controller - KROG NanoKontrol2 Fader Issue

jyhk

HI,

I am currently using a KROG NanoKontrol 2 on WO5 Production Server to control mainly the tween-opacity.It seems to be inconsistent every time I push up or down.

On the input window it indicates to be reading values 0 - 1 (No matter, how fast I push the fader up and down). However, when I link this fader to the opacity value it seems to be different everytime I fade up or fade down. It looks as if the speed in which the fade affects the value. Alot of the times, even when the fader is pushed all the way down, the opacity value remains at a random %. 

Anyone has experience similar issues with Midi Controllers? Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance! 

Jason

I am using Korg nanokontrol 2 too, it perform very stable.

your situation is not normal.

What is your input name & tween formula?

and have you test the nanokontrol on other computer?

Morgan.

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for your reply. 

I named the input name 'fade' so I can easily recognise the function. I didn't use any specific formulas/expressions.

This is the first time I've linked a midi controller with WO so I might have done something wrong.

Could you share with me the formula you used? What would be the simplest way to map one of the faders to control the opacity of a layer?

I've also tested the Korg NanoKontrol2 on another production pc..experienced the same problem. I must doing something wrong in the configuration process.

Thanks so much in advance.

Jason

Hi Mike,

I've refer to both these sections in the WO Manual. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the issue with the inconsistent values (opacity) when I am controlling it via the Korg NanoKontrol2 Midi controller.

Please refer to screenshot in below link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hl88by48wrrv4x/WO_Korg.jpg?dl=0

You can see in the input value it is at 1.000 whilst the opacity tween value is at 87% when it is supposed to be at 100%.

Appreciate any help! 

Thanks again! 

Hi Mike,

I've refer to both these sections in the WO Manual. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the issue with the inconsistent values (opacity) when I am controlling it via the Korg NanoKontrol2 Midi controller.

Please refer to screenshot in below link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hl88by48wrrv4x/WO_Korg.jpg?dl=0

You can see in the input value it is at 1.000 whilst the opacity tween value is at 87% when it is supposed to be at 100%.

Appreciate any help! 

Thanks again! 

Without the information from the tween's formula dialog it is hard to tell what is going on there.