Blackmagic Decklink Quad capture issues

klauskk

Hi.

I have installed a new pc with win7 Pro and a Blackmagic Decklinc Quad capture card.

The capture card is working in Media Express. All inputs. One detail: it seems that the capture card in Media Express is using a bit time before the picture appears.

On a different mediaserver software (Isadora from TroikaTronix) I have all the 4 inputs active at the same time.

But in Watchout I only get input from a Panasonic camera.

The signal from the camera is 1080 50i, but I get picture even if I change the settings for video standard in Live Video.

I have two Marshall cameras. They output 1080 25p signal, but I don't get a picture in any of the capture card inputs.

I also have a Teradek Bolt system which I don't get a picture from.

I've tested the signal on a sdi monitor, where I also get confirmed what video standard they give.

I've tried all the different settings in video standard for all of the cameras. But no result.

The signal from the Panasonic camera works fine on every input.

But the other cameras won't give a picture in Wathout.

In Media Express and in Isadora, I have the pictures from all cameras.

The card is installed on a PCIe slot with 16x speed. 

What is wrong here?

I've used this setup with great success before. The only difference is that I have upgraded the pc hardware.

Best

Klaus Kottmann

National Theatre in Oslo

Hi,

From my experience, Black magic capture cards are picky when working with Watchout.

In some instances I had to change the color output to 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 rather than many devices default RGB.

I must mention that it happened when I tried to capture live input from a PC (with Mac it works flawlessly) and not from a camera.

Additionally, sometimes there is a discrepancy between the actual video signal sent, to the video format you need to choose on the live input window on WO (for example, input 1080i59.94, and choose on WO 1080i29.94, I will try them all).

It seems to me like black magic and Watchout doesn't like each other - in another instance I tried to send signal from Watchout to a black magic switcher - and had to run it through a Panasonic video switcher To make it work (it didn't work no matter what video format And setting were used - it only worked when I sent it through a Panasonic live video switcher).

Black magic usually works flawlessly with professional broadcasting device and with Macs, but no as great with PCs and consumer grade cameras.

I hope it helps,

• 3 months later...
On 11/30/2015 at 12:01 PM, klauskk said:

Well, case solved.

I had to uninstall the BlackMagic drivers and install an older version.

Ver 10.3 from november 2014.

So it seems that the newest drivers from BlackMagic in win7 enviroment doesn't work with Watchout.

Klaus K.

Hi Klaus, same issue here, where did you get the install for the old version? I can only find the latest. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Hi.

I have installed a new pc with win7 Pro and a Blackmagic Decklinc Quad capture card.

The capture card is working in Media Express. All inputs. One detail: it seems that the capture card in Media Express is using a bit time before the picture appears.

On a different mediaserver software (Isadora from TroikaTronix) I have all the 4 inputs active at the same time.

But in Watchout I only get input from a Panasonic camera.

The signal from the camera is 1080 50i, but I get picture even if I change the settings for video standard in Live Video.

I have two Marshall cameras. They output 1080 25p signal, but I don't get a picture in any of the capture card inputs.

I also have a Teradek Bolt system which I don't get a picture from.

I've tested the signal on a sdi monitor, where I also get confirmed what video standard they give.

I've tried all the different settings in video standard for all of the cameras. But no result.

The signal from the Panasonic camera works fine on every input.

But the other cameras won't give a picture in Wathout.

In Media Express and in Isadora, I have the pictures from all cameras.

The card is installed on a PCIe slot with 16x speed. 

What is wrong here?

I've used this setup with great success before. The only difference is that I have upgraded the pc hardware.

Best

Klaus Kottmann

National Theatre in Oslo

Same thing here...

http://forum.dataton.com/topic/2225-1080p25-with-blackmagic-decklink-quadduo/