URGENT: 1920x1080@30hz

francescodere

I want to use 2 monitors for Control server, how can i stretch watchout software in to 2 monitors? presently am able to see in only one monitor..

Depends on the Production computer's Windows GPU settings.

Open the Windows control panel from the GPU manufacturer to set this up

(not the generic Microsft display control panel).

For example, on AMD GPU the control panel is called Catalyst Control Center or some such.

Set your multiple monitors for extended desktop there and

then just stretch the WATCHOUT Production master window over the multiple monitors.

We using control server GPU AMD Radion HD 7800 ,  wer can i change the settings. 

Also i have another issue , we use Datapath 2 channel DVI capture card in our servers. for the camera feed input we trying to use Blackmagic design SDI to HDMI convertor, then use a HDMI to DVI cable to plug into capture card.   but we see some color problems.  will this blackmagic design convertor work for converting SDI signal to DVI?   if not which is the alternate convertor do u recomend?  we dont want to use huge scan convertors like IMAGE PRO or Switchers like ANalogway PLS 300 to convert SDI signal..

• Dataton Partner

Your sdi/hdmi feed will have a yuv colourspace as it's a smpte format signal. A dvi capture card would be RGB as standard. In the capture card settings you should be able to tell your card to recognize the incoming signal as YUV which will fix your issue.

• 3 weeks later...

What is Watch point?  where we can get details about it?

watchpoint is an alternate name for WATCHOUT Display,

derived from the application file name (watchpoint.exe) for WATCHOUT Display.

By the same token, watchmaker is an alternate name

for WATCHOUT Production (application file name watchmaker.exe).

We have recieved a video in a show which had a watermark visible on display outputs..  but the same video doesnt show watermark in other server or laptops.. really confused why its happening..?

If the "other server or laptop" contains a licensed decoder

that is not licensed on the WATCHOUT server,

then that would make some sense.

What video codec is used by the "video"?

• 1 month later...

We are facing a problem of CPU core parking...   i wish core checking should be added in tweaking list..  cos i feel newly assembled servers always run in core parked condition.. we recently found it out.. our CPU running on single core among 8 cores. that was shocking..  now we need to figure out how to enable all cores for best performance.. my question is does dataton has any advice on it?  or is there any problem if we enable all cores//.. any method to permanently enable all cores?

We are facing a problem of CPU core parking...   i wish core checking should be added in tweaking list..  cos i feel newly assembled servers always run in core parked condition.. we recently found it out.. our CPU running on single core among 8 cores. that was shocking..  now we need to figure out how to enable all cores for best performance.. my question is does dataton has any advice on it?  or is there any problem if we enable all cores//.. any method to permanently enable all cores?

I've never had this problem with a normal Windows install and tweaking per Dataton's Tweak List. All cores are automatically enabled, unless manually set otherwise via msconfig > Boot > Advanced Options > and No. of Processors is enabled and the drop-down list of cores-and-threads left at default of 1...indicating someone did not know what he was doing! The 'No. of Processors' should be left un-ticked, and BIOS will auto enable all cores + hyperthreading (assuming hyperthreading has not been disabled in the BIOS).

Thomas Leong

Dear sir,  we assembled our servers ourself.  we never set any of cores to in parked mode..  all servers has 8 core processors, among 8 cores, 4 cores are in parked mode.  now we have enabled all cores through regedit value change. i just need to know . activating all cores all times would be a problem?    also i need advice regarding watchout ethernet switch, which switch is good ?  what is the minimum specs required for a switch? 

• Dataton Partner

Dear sir,  we assembled our servers ourself.  we never set any of cores to in parked mode..  all servers has 8 core processors, among 8 cores, 4 cores are in parked mode.  now we have enabled all cores through regedit value change. i just need to know . activating all cores all times would be a problem?    also i need advice regarding watchout ethernet switch, which switch is good ?  what is the minimum specs required for a switch? 

Hello,

In WATCHMAX, WATCHPAX or servers built by Dataton Premium Partners for local markets all cores are normally turned on. This is the default setting of BIOS/UEFI. WATCHOUT has no influence over this and can only use what BIOS and Windows are offering. You can use all cores (virtual and real ones) and WATCHOUT will make use of it. We normally use 6-core and 8-core CPUs in our builds.

Regarding network switches the rule of thumb is to use a dumb switch of a known brand. WATCHOUT uses TCP and UDP and all support issues regarding networks can normally be solved by swapping a "smart" or managed switch with an unmanaged switch without any user interface and settings.

Anything blocking certain ports, UDP broadcast messages, firewalls,... can interrupt the communication between WATCHOUT computers. 

If you're looking for 10Gbit switches the chances to find unmanaged switches is probably very low. In this case you have to use the gui of the switch and make sure manually that the switch does not block broadcasts, UDP, etc.