1 reply to this topic

#1 tobiasfellmann

tobiasfellmann

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:42 PM

Good Day All,

I have a problem when setting up a DMX Controlled Show:

I setup an Auxiliary Timeline whitch triggers with a DMX Value which also controlls the opacity of the Video.

The Video has to be paused, on speak Cues. So i've made an Auxiliary Timeline which sets a pause to "Named Timeline", and an other with resumes the timeline.

A the start i had problems that the pause/resume timeline not worked everytime, so i created multiple commands in the timeline, so one would surely trigger. 

Now the funktion aspect works, but when i send the DMX value to pause the video, the video pauses and jumps a couple frames back.

Any Ideas how to Fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Thomas Leong

Thomas Leong
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:46 PM

Here's a shot at the cause -

The video is compressed with ipb frames, and at the pause command, it jumps to an i frame which contains the full information. The p and b frames are the predictive frames (if I'm not wrong, p is before an i frame, and b is after the i frame both of which do not contain full info but only the changes between two i frames).

Solution: re-code with all i frames. Will result in larger filesize, but no jumps on pause.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Watchout5, ArtNet/DMX, Auxiliary Timeline, Video