Couple Issues in 5.1 - Swapping display outputs, Alpha detection, receiving TCP commmands

PierreLucB

Hi,

We recently had a show that we updated from watchout 4.3 to 5.1 to use the multiple outputs per display computer and we ran into a couple issues.

We had 1 production and 2 display each driving 3 outputs.

Watchout machine specs

CPU-Core i5 750 @2.66

Ram-4GB

GFX-AMD Radeon HD 6970 2GB GDDR5 Mem

Win 7 32bit

HDD-Solid State drives

Rack Mount cases

First and main issue was: every time we would change the output # on a display computer it would re-send all of file into the computer even though there files were already there. This certainly caused some slow down in the production. We had to change output # for troubleshooting purposes. But this would also be done if we would need to switch to a back up display computer in which case it would be a problem.

2nd: The auto-detect of the alpha type for stills wasn't detecting properly. This use to work just fine in watchout 4 but in 5.1 I had to go specify the type of alpha for each media. That only seemed to happen on stills.

2nd and 1/2: Hard to say exactly what happened here but 1 night we made some very specific masks and put them into the show. All was well then but the next day when we turned on everything the masks were not the same anymore. (I do not have all the details because we had left by then) I asked the watchout technician onsite to try to play with the alpha modes, I also re-sent him the files because maybe they had been corrupted but in the end he had to re make the masks from scratch. Very strange. Any thoughts on that?

3rd: The production computer is getting TCP command from a medialon machine in this installation and at one point i turned off the triggering so I can work without being triggered but I was still receiving the commands.

What do you think?

Thank you.