CodeMeter Runtime Server

DonD

When I open WO 5.5.1 I get a message "this program is trying to make changes to your computer", the program is CodeMeter Runtime Server  by Wibu-System AG...I click on the NO button but the window comes back 6 or 7 times and I keep clicking NO. It finally stops and opens up the show. I have had WO on this computer  for 3-4 years, it just started doing this little trick this week. 

I'm using Win 7, the CodeMeter is a program I noticed sitting in my listing of "All Programs", I don't know where it came from. It doesn't appear with opening any other programs just with Watchout.

Thanks,

DonD

Hi Don - the Codemeter program is the dongle software that you need to run Watchout.

The reason you are getting this message I believe is de to your UAC settings. Try this:

• From the Start menu, Select Control Panel
  • Navigate to System and Security > Action Center
  • From the left pane, Select Change User Account Control settings
  • Drag the scroll button to Never notify
  • Click on OK to save your settings

You might also want to go through the Windows 7 Tweak list helpfully provided by Dataton which covers this and much more.

Hope this helps

Neil

http://forum.dataton.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=155

Hi Neil,

I get this Codetime message on my personal notebook when creating the show in WO. I don't have or need a dongle to program WO. When I'm done I pass it on to a WO computer that has the dongle. 

I can try what you suggested by turning off the notification but that would affect other programs also.

Many many thanks,

Don