• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eliaspace

eliaspace

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:36 AM

Hi eveyone,

I'm new here and not so familiar with projections: I'm making a video to be projected with 15 projectors in a 360 circular screen, so my output is a quite long video of 6346 pixels wide and I can't find a way to compress an .mp4 h264 video to deliver at this size. They keep asking me a single video but i can only split it into two files so i can compress it. My question is: is it possible to use 2 videos instead of a single one and align them inside Watchout right? I mean they don't really need it to be a single video right?

Thanks guys!!

Elia

#2 jfk

jfk

• Administrator
  • 1,076 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio USA

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:41 AM

Hi eveyone,

I'm new here and not so familiar with projections: I'm making a video to be projected with 15 projectors in a 360 circular screen, so my output is a quite long video of 6346 pixels wide and I can't find a way to compress an .mp4 h264 video to deliver at this size. They keep asking me a single video but i can only split it into two files so i can compress it. My question is: is it possible to use 2 videos instead of a single one and align them inside Watchout right? 

Correct. Common technique.

I mean they don't really need it to be a single video right?

Yes, and in fact the User Guide provides info on breaking up large movies into output sized chunks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 36, circular, projection, render, settings, video, output