MIDI controller automation

operaroma

HI,

I've connected a MIDI controller (Novation Zero SL MKII) to my production, I've assigned CC to some tween (scale, position ecc ...) and I can change values of this tween with the controller, but I can't make any automation. 

If i use the controller to make an automation, the watchout doesn't record the values of the keyframe.  

Thank you all 

HI,

I've connected a MIDI controller (Novation Zero SL MKII) to my production, I've assigned CC to some tween (scale, position ecc ...) and I can change values of this tween with the controller, but I can't make any automation. 

If i use the controller to make an automation, the watchout doesn't record the values of the keyframe.  

Thank you all 

Could you explain what you mean by "make any automation"?

Are you trying to tie the controller values to a live tween?

WATCHOUT does not record the values of Input objects,

it uses inputs for live control. i.e. there is no capability to record MIDI values,

they are strictly intended for interactive live control.

I'd like to know if is possible to have a midi controller to program a show, using something faster than mouse and keyboard.

No. That is not the intention of the MIDI controller Input object.

As indicated above, it is intended for interactive live control.

It is not complete automation, but one could semi-automate programming with a MIDI Controller by using presets with the setInput command to preset various tweens between 0 and 1, or the limits of 0 and 1 for a particular Controller.

For example, preset a media to start at a certain scale when the Controller is at 0 value, and does not scale beyond a pre-determined size when value is at 1. Same applies to position tweens on screen limiting the X,Y position on screen. However, with Position, the scale of the media must be taken into account. A lot of trial and error to find the correct formula to apply in Tween.

Put the setInput command(s) in Aux Timeline(s) appropriately named and trigger the relevant timeline(s) as and when to preset your scale, position, etc. Manually adjust with the physical controller thereafter, if required.

Thomas Leong