BUG : Watchout 6.1.4 freerun sound on display does not free run

warwolf

Hi, 

I'm playing wave sound file in free run mode. It works fine in the producer, the sound does freerun when the timeline hit the pause cue. However, when the sound is played from the display computer, the sound plays but stop at the pause button. Therefore, I can't have any backup sound for my show.

I really need the free run option because the next cue can happen at any moment but the sound needs to continue. It's a 260 cue show, troubleshooting live is a absolute no. I really need the display to behave like they should.

-I have tried assigning with the name of the display and with the icon placement without any difference.

-I have yet to try if it's only assigned to the display instead of both, I will try tonight.

Wave file

PCM S16 LE (araw)

48000Hz

16bits

Any idea why they are behaving like this.

On another note, I need to set the preroll to solve the "pop/click" issue at the beggining of each audio clip. I used 2sec of preroll and it solved the issue.

Hi, please report bugs to support[at]dataton.com instead of the forum.

I just tested this in 6.1.4 and 6.1.5 and it works. It might be a good idea to clear the show cache on the server. You can find this in the menu:

Stage->Manage Display Computer->Re-build Show Cache.

The pre-rolling is driver dependent. Default settings should be fine for most users but if the driver is slow a longer pre-roll might be required.

Hi,

Thanks for your time. I tried to rebuld show cache with no success. So I deleted all the files in the watchout displays and reuploaded the show  with no difference. 

We have a lot of cues that we have tested and retested and reharshed and did too much show with this version (6.1.4) to take a risk and change the version. So I won't test 6.1.5 to see if it makes a difference.

I ended with this wayaround my problem : I sent network command to a QLab as a backup.

I have tested this behavior in 2 completely different display computer (different motherboard,cpu, graphic card, audio card) and the behavior is exactly the same.

Thanks for the email, I will use this channel from now on to send bugs details.

• 3 weeks later...