Display Flashes at Each Pause Q in Compositions

JG

So, I finally got our first show with Watchout loaded in today and ran through a handful of cues (about half the show). Everytime there is a pause cue stops the main time line in a composition (which is probably 75% of the show), the display flashes. I'm not seeing this in the preview window of the production machine, only on the actual outputs. We're running version 5.1 under Windows 7 64-bit. The display machine has a Firepro v7900 video card and it's driving two Eiki projectors at 1024x768. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Jim

After further work, I've narrowed the problem down not to the compositions but to the alpha masks themselves. Trying to specify the transparency in the media properties didn't seem to have any effect. Does anyone have any further ideas?

Jim

Fredrik, I think I have the problem solved. It appears to have been a combination of unnecssarily complicated mask files and needing to explicitly set transparency settings and not having enought breathing room in between my tween points and my pause cues (it looks like you need almost a quarter second on either side of the pause before you can make a tween adjustment). All of which I guess boils down to, me being new at this. If it rears it's head again in a clear maner that I can point to I will send tech support a show file. Thank you.

Jim