Ask for audio playback tips in WO

Simone

Hi guys, I'm new to Watchout but I'm reading this forum day by day and I'm learning a lot about this amazign software.

Few months ago I had some problem with audio playpack of WAV  file with 6.1.4 and a Focusright Scarlett 2i2 connected to the display PC. Audio caming from the card was sometime distorted with a kind of flanger effect on it.

In a few days I will need again to play some Hap clip with audio embedded on WO 6.1.6 and the same audio card so I need some suggestion in order to avoid those problem.

So how you manage audio playback? I still need to export the audio track on a separate file and in witch format?

Thanks in advance.

... Few months ago I had some problem with audio playpack of WAV  file with 6.1.4 and a Focusright Scarlett 2i2 connected to the display PC. Audio caming from the card was sometime distorted with a kind of flanger effect on it.

You might try this, may or may not help. ...

On relatively new computers (including WATCHMAX) with Intel C612 or X99 chipsets there are PCI bus interference problems causing the audio to pop/crack/click. This interference comes when the GPU changes it's clock frequency. This occurs more often with AMD hardware than with NVIDIA cards. The problem is not limited to WATCHOUT and can be triggered in any application as soon as audio and video are played simultaneously.

At the moment AMD is working on a solution and hopefully NVIDIA will do the same (Matrox are using AMD drivers). Until the final solution is available, there is an intermediate solution by setting a registry variable. For the WATCHMAX this solves the problem with the internal sound card.

With an external sound cards the fix helps but not completely.

Clicks can still occur every now and then with several seconds apart.

The intermediate solution is:

Run regedit

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318\0000

Create a DWORD (32-bit) Value named “ForcePcieLinkSpeed” and set the value to 3

Reboot

If you by any chance have a 0001, 0002 or 0003 folder in the 4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 folder then repeat step 3 in all these folders. Normally a WATCHMAX should only have the 0000 folder.

Shame on your timing. There is a complete re-write of the audio sub-system coming

to bring it up to date with todays technology. Coming soon, but not soon enough ;)

Many devices now working under WDM will gain new function

and better operation with the same hardware under an ASIO driver.

jfk, I will try this thank you.

Sometims I need to extract Audio in wav format from Video Files and I use media Encoder on Mac but I get some error from the display when I play it even if the audio start to play properly .  I'm not familiar with ffmpeg command line so anyone had good results with any other software?

I'm doing some test today with wav audio file extracted with Audacity and I see that the error I get when I play it come from the production PC and not from the display as I thought earlier.
Disabling audio playback on production pc fixed the problem.

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2017 at 6:22 PM, jfk said:

You might try this, may or may not help. ...

On relatively new computers (including WATCHMAX) with Intel C612 or X99 chipsets there are PCI bus interference problems causing the audio to pop/crack/click. This interference comes when the GPU changes it's clock frequency. This occurs more often with AMD hardware than with NVIDIA cards. The problem is not limited to WATCHOUT and can be triggered in any application as soon as audio and video are played simultaneously.

At the moment AMD is working on a solution and hopefully NVIDIA will do the same (Matrox are using AMD drivers). Until the final solution is available, there is an intermediate solution by setting a registry variable. For the WATCHMAX this solves the problem with the internal sound card.

With an external sound cards the fix helps but not completely.

Clicks can still occur every now and then with several seconds apart.

The intermediate solution is:

Run regedit

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318\0000

Create a DWORD (32-bit) Value named “ForcePcieLinkSpeed” and set the value to 3

Reboot

If you by any chance have a 0001, 0002 or 0003 folder in the 4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 folder then repeat step 3 in all these folders. Normally a WATCHMAX should only have the 0000 folder.

Shame on your timing. There is a complete re-write of the audio sub-system coming

to bring it up to date with todays technology. Coming soon, but not soon enough ;)

Many devices now working under WDM will gain new function

and better operation with the same hardware under an ASIO driver.

Hi Jfk

do you know if AMD has fixed this issue. I have had this issue on my watchmax ever since I got it 3 years ago. Very frustrating. 

I run audio now off my production machine witch also has a AMD card in it. I sometimes also get a click sound on playback on the production machine. If I put a Nvidea card in my production machine will it help???

I’ve tried internal sound cards, usb sound cards and recently tried Dante Vertual sound card. I have tried separate Wav files with the same 4800khz. 

Nothing fixes the issue. Any advice? 

7 minutes ago, Allan Dickinson said:

Hi Jfk

do you know if AMD has fixed this issue. I have had this issue on my watchmax ever since I got it 3 years ago. Very frustrating. ..

BTW Those comments were quoted from another post, they are not my comments.

No, I have not heard of AMD ever fixing this in the version of DirectX used by WATCHOUT. Does not mean they have not corrected it, I have just never heard reports indicating one way or the other. Possibly the original poster of those comments will see your question and reply here.