alpha video

assafyosef

hi,

i have a new project with 1 computer , 3 fhd outputs.

i want to play a backgound video, and on top of it i will have 11 areas to play an alpha video on trigger ( each area have a trigger, they can all work together ).

what type of movies i need to ask for the alpha video's ?

what are the recommended computer specifications for this to work well ?

thank you,

assaf

HapAlpha would be my first choice when you need transparency. If the quality is not good enough you can try quicktime animation (qtrle). The files will usually be huge for qtle, except for some types of content which can easily be compressed. Image sequences could also work. Targa (.tga) files support transparency and are fully supported in Watchout. .png files with transparency should also work.

/Erik

Guest DavidA

what are the recommended computer specifications for this to work well ?

​Dear Assaf, send an email to business@dataton.com with your request and we will look further into this. We will also make sure you are connected to one of our Premium partners, who can assist.

Best regards,

David

Hap Alpha usually works great. If you're not satisfied with the alph, try to change the setting. Normally it is set to auto detect, but I had an issue once, and changing to the straight alpha setting made a big difference.

Best Christian

Hap video are usually in .mov files, so it should be ok. Does the hap video play, meaning that thumbnail generation is the only problem? Which Hap flavour is the file in? (Hap, HapAlpha or HapQ)? Please note that Watchout has no support for HapQAlpha. If you need to run Hap with alpha channel, please stick to HapAlpha.

/Erik