WATCHOUT 6.2

Miro

We have decided to reschedule the public release of WATCHOUT 6.2 to late summer/early fall in order to include new elements and finalise quality assurance in the redesigned audio engine. However, as most of the other key features, such as NDI support, are well tested and considered finished we will provide betas on request until the public release. We know that 6.2 is eagerly awaited and do apologise for this delay. If you would like to participate in the beta program, please send a mail to support@dataton.com.

The current version works in Win10 and so will 6.2. You will get most reliability with LTSB versions. For current branch (CB) you need the anniversary update or later. The consumer versions like home and pro are not really recommended since they come shipped with a lot of junk and takes too much time to configure.

Hi Andrew, for the current branch of win 10 you need the anniversary update or later and multi display will work. The problem was that microsoft introduced a bug that prevented the creation of multiple synchronized windows in directx in the early versions of windows 10 which they resolved in the anniversary edition.

There are also a lot of under the hood updates in 6.2. HAP playback performance has been optimized and for some devices the performance has doubled. Also MPEG-2 and H.264 playback performance has been increased by at least 10%.

• 4 weeks later...

Does WO 6.2 have the feature I requested here? http://forum.dataton.com/topic/794-feature-requests-post-here/page-12 

A feature I would like to have in WO is related to routing audio. In some cases, mainly some sort of festivals, I need to manage 2 or more different sets of screens and audio that behave independently using 1 production WO and 1 display WO. For example, a theater and outdoor screens. Visual-wise management is easily handled. However audio is not. 

Most of our display WO have one 3.5 mm audio jack and one optical S/PDIF. I can connect to the audio mixer the 3.5mm to play audio I want to be played in the theater. And connect the optical S/PDIF to play audio I want to be played outdoor area.

The problem is, If I play a video to be played in theater screen, I cant route the embedded audio to the 3.5mm audio out. The audio will be played to both 3.5mm and S/PDIF out. Same apply if I play a video on outdoor area, I cant route the audio to the S/PDIF out. 

To overcome this, I extract audio from the videos. I play the audio file along the respective muted video. This way, WO gives me options assign/route audio channels in media to the outs I desire.

The feature request is: Allow us to assign/route audio channels of embedded audio in videos the same way we do to independent audio files. This would save a lot of time wasted on extracting audio and subsequent file management. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

6.2 Internal Beta test since a week back. Update to follow soon.

Any word on the release of 6.2? Are we a month away or longer?

Update to follow shortly.

Will Watchout 6.2 support NDI for both input and output?

NDI Currently NDI in.

Thanks all for your patience.

Lots of improvements for current functionality as well.

Trond S

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any update on when to expect 6.2? Desperate for the new audio and NDI features in the pipeline! 

Next week? 2 weeks? Later?

I believe it would have already been released,

but new issues keep popping up in confirmation testing.

they are on their 16th beta as best I can tell.

Predicting when all identifiable bugs are solved would require a crystal ball. ;)

Personally, I am glad they are not rushing it out the door.

Taking the time to perform thorough testing and 

delaying release until that is comfortably complete is preferable to

finding them in the field.

• Dataton Partner

Hey guys, 

just quick question. I was trying out NDI in the b12 testversion,  which actually seems to work really well and extremely quick (little latency). 

However, I noticed there's no audio feed to be used. Is that correct? Will NDI feature in WO only be videostream, no audiostream? Or is this still developing?

Or.... am I'm missing something?

Curious about this.

Walter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have to be a bit more specific here. Are you looking at the movie playing on a display computer, or are you looking at the production software? In case you are looking at the production software, what setting do you have for stage preview (Best Quality / Video as thumbnails / etc)? If playing HapQ and displaying just thumbnails in the stage preview, the colors may be off (usually pink, this is a known issue), but I have never seen it with a movie playing. Are you using a show created in 6.2, or was it created in an earlier version an opened in 6.2? Are you just trying to play a HapQ movie, or are you using it to texture a 3D model?

Watchout currently has no support for HapQAlpha so I will assume you are talking about HapAlpha. Dropping frames usually indicates that the disk is not fast enough for the content. What is the resolution and frame rate of the movie, and how fast is your disk? 

/Erik 

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the same issue above

So I have been programming a upcoming show and have been working in 6.1, I have just updated to 6.2 and all my Hap and HapQ files have become pink and washed out and do not play, they do show a still from the video.

Some files do not even display this and act as if nothing was in the timeline.

I have my timeline set to best quality.

I have attached a screenshot of my display window to show how it looks.

Hap_error.jpg

I have tried updating to 6.2 on my laptop also and have the same issue, has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Thanks for any help

Chris

Seems very similar what happened to me some times with WO 6.1.5 when adding new HAP files to my timeline but I couldn't force to reproduce it.

First time I though the file were bad rendered but they were fine. First time happened to me I recovered show from a back up and added new files again to the show and solved. Other time removed the files, close the show, open again and loaded files again all was fine. Only experimented on laptop with Windows 10 and when adding new files. Not tried yet with WO6.2.