WATCHOUT 6.2

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 kanalin

kanalin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:31 AM

When I import a HAPQ movie on WO6.2 timeline, it always be dyed with pink.
and HAPQ alpha movie always dropping frames.
How can I fix them?

#22 Erik Rönnqvist

Erik Rönnqvist

Dataton

• 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

You have to be a bit more specific here. Are you looking at the movie playing on a display computer, or are you looking at the production software? In case you are looking at the production software, what setting do you have for stage preview (Best Quality / Video as thumbnails / etc)? If playing HapQ and displaying just thumbnails in the stage preview, the colors may be off (usually pink, this is a known issue), but I have never seen it with a movie playing. Are you using a show created in 6.2, or was it created in an earlier version an opened in 6.2? Are you just trying to play a HapQ movie, or are you using it to texture a 3D model?

Watchout currently has no support for HapQAlpha so I will assume you are talking about HapAlpha. Dropping frames usually indicates that the disk is not fast enough for the content. What is the resolution and frame rate of the movie, and how fast is your disk? 

/Erik 

#23 CParnell

CParnell

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Sounds like the same issue above

So I have been programming a upcoming show and have been working in 6.1, I have just updated to 6.2 and all my Hap and HapQ files have become pink and washed out and do not play, they do show a still from the video.

Some files do not even display this and act as if nothing was in the timeline.

I have my timeline set to best quality.

I have attached a screenshot of my display window to show how it looks.

Hap_error.jpg

I have tried updating to 6.2 on my laptop also and have the same issue, has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Thanks for any help

Chris

#24 Miro

Miro

Dataton

• 117 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:28 PM

Have you tried to re-build the cache? Both on the production computer and the display server(s)?

//Miro

#25 Quim

Quim
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:09 AM

Seems very similar what happened to me some times with WO 6.1.5 when adding new HAP files to my timeline but I couldn't force to reproduce it.

First time I though the file were bad rendered but they were fine. First time happened to me I recovered show from a back up and added new files again to the show and solved. Other time removed the files, close the show, open again and loaded files again all was fine. Only experimented on laptop with Windows 10 and when adding new files. Not tried yet with WO6.2.

#26 Erik Rönnqvist

Erik Rönnqvist

Dataton

• 80 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:52 AM

As mentioned in an earlier post, rebuilding the cache should help. I tried reproducing the issue without success, which makes it quite hard to debug. A more detailed description of the steps taken for this error to appear would be helpful. 

/Erik 

#27 jdetlof

jdetlof

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

I have had a similar problem. A funny workaround was to put a color tween on it without any parameter changes. Then the HAP files looked normal again....