Images in Dynamic Image Server not Displaying in Watchpoint

tommysmartdrop

Hi all,

I try to display images in display computer but the images are not showing.

At first, I set the dynamic server ip in preference and I created a task which contains a dynamic image from dynamic image server. Then I turn on the dynamic image server and use my python server to send TCP/IP command to run the task.

I can see the task name and the image is displaying in the dynamic image server console and the dynamic image is shown in the production Watchout(Stage window) successfully.

Afterwards, I pressed online and then offline to load to shows to display computer because I want to show it in another computer(display computer) using Watchout(watchpoint) .

Then I turn on the dynamic image server and use my python server to send TCP/IP command to display Watchout(watchpoint) to run the task.

I can see the task name and the image is displaying in the dynamic image server console also.

However, the dynamic image is not showing there while the other tasks with static image/video is showing successfully.

Originally my dynamic image server is in the same computer with the production watchout. I tried moving the dynamic image server to the display computer for testing. The result is the same.

I am using Watchout 6.1.7b2 in windows platform. All firewalls have been turned off. Can anyone help me about this? Many thanks!

• Dataton Partner

Hi,

Image server required additional license key, even if you set it on your production PC.

"NOTE: As the Image Server runs as a separate application, it requires its own WATCHOUT license key. "

Michael H.
www.digital-av.co.il

WATCHOUT PREMIUM PARTNER

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for your reply.

I already have 2 license keys(One is for Display Watchout and one is for the Image server).

First of all, I use the 2 license keys for production Watchout and display Watchout to load the shows.

As we don't need production Watchout after the shows are loaded to display watchout, I shut down the production watchout and turn on the dynamic image server. I got no error message (If the image server do not have a key, there should be an error message pops out saying that the key is missing) and the task name and its related image is shown in the image server when i call the task. However, the image is not showing in display Watchout.

Thanks!

• Dataton Partner

Hi,

Starting the show from WATCHMAKER (production software) and then just logging out leaves the display computer without a control instance. Try to start the display computer using a startup script. In this case the display computer can load the show and control itself. This will probably solve your issue.

BR

Rainer

• 3 weeks later...