Free running composition in 5.1

UnitCone

Hi I have a 5.1 system running on 4 PC Display, each with 2 x 1920x1080 output.

I have made 1 comp with about 20 short clips inside, mpg 1920x1080 10000 Kbps, the comp is covering the whole stage area, so all the displays are involved with overlap set to lighten

If I set the composition in the main timeline in free running i miss one of the clips of the comp in one display!

Changing display machines does't solve the problem, Also cancel and load project again with new cache

All the clips run perfectly both alone and if I paste directly all the content of the composition in the main time line

Also the composition runs ok if not in free-running.

Other clips in the same point of the sequence behave the same, also new layers inside the composition in that point behave the same for that diaplay, not depending on what is inside that layer.

Seems like something to do with specific time positions.

Did you experience problems in 5.1 with free running of comps? I use WO since version 2, and I

I just had to fade down a loop at a specific top and I made the job wiith a 3 hour composition running triggered via dmx instead of a 12 min comp in free running with a fade out at the end.

I think I know what this is: It require rather specific circumstances (must be a free running comp, must be a large image extending outside the display, and must use multiple displays). But we have devised a fix that should be in the next release. In the meantime, you can work around it it by putting the image on a timeline so that it appears on all displays (you may need to make it pan across to ensure this). This can be an Aux timeline that you never actually use.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Fredrik Svahnberg

Dataton