Rotate geometric window

Alvaro

• Dataton Partner

Uhm, please elaborate on the question! What is it you’re trying to achieve? Basically there are virtually no limitations to achieve anything you wish incl rotating the entire display itself so perhaps I don’t understand what you want?

Uhm, please elaborate on the question! What is it you’re trying to achieve? Basically there are virtually no limitations to achieve anything you wish incl rotating the entire display itself so perhaps I don’t understand what you want?

Im sorry for my bad english

I want rotating the entire display but i dont not how... For example 90 degrees clockwise

• Dataton Partner

Hello Alvaro,

Did you check the field Rotation in the General tab of a display?

Is it what you need?

Benoit

Exactly, rotating in any degree is very well possible and easy. Just double click a display in the stage windows and adjust the rotation angle.

I'm sure Walter, Benoit and JFK are correct in their interpretation of the original question, but I did just wonder...

After a Display has been rotated in the settings, the geometry window remains stubbornly in landscape mode, meaning some mental gymnastics when dealing with warping on a rotated display (hit the left arrow to move a point down, unless the projector is rotated the other way, in which case it's up...!). It's just possible that Alvaro was looking for a way to rotate the geometry view to match the display settings... (maybe I'll add it to the never-ending feature request thread).

... It's just possible that Alvaro was looking for a way to rotate the geometry view to match the display settings... (maybe I'll add it to the never-ending feature request thread).

Yes, interpreting the meaning in the way you suggest is what makes Adela's answer correct as well.

Common sense would suggest that when a value is entered in rotation, the geometry tab display should rotate accordingly.

Depending on what your Physical Projection Setup is, there are a few work arounds.
i've found it convenient to Generate a Edid which is Vertical - 1200 x 1920 for Example.

In that case, your Display to be added in the stage would be 1200 x 1920 which would also mean your Geometry Looked Just the way you would want it.

Hope that Helps.

• Dataton Partner

I'm sure Walter, Benoit and JFK are correct in their interpretation of the original question, but I did just wonder...

After a Display has been rotated in the settings, the geometry window remains stubbornly in landscape mode, meaning some mental gymnastics when dealing with warping on a rotated display (hit the left arrow to move a point down, unless the projector is rotated the other way, in which case it's up...!). It's just possible that Alvaro was looking for a way to rotate the geometry view to match the display settings... (maybe I'll add it to the never-ending feature request thread).

Hi Matkeane,

Did you try to rotate your producer laptop? It works fine for me...  :D

Benoit

Salut Benoit,

But if I rotate my laptop by 90 degrees, it falls off my lap!

To be fair, there maybe isn't an easy solution to this... what should the arrow keys do if you rotate a display by 45 degrees? I noticed in Photoshop, if I rotate the working canvas, the arrow keys still move layers along the original, unrotated, image axes, so Adobe side-stepped this issue too.

• 3 weeks later...