Watchout 6.2

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ibmcclain

ibmcclain

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

The "Delete Time" Function crashes 6.2, and corrupts the file to instantly crash upon attempting to open again. 

#22 Jason H Thompson

Jason H Thompson
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

When adding text in Watchout, if I use the period on the number keypad it types ".n"

Also, I wish that the export Movie function didn't crash when using Hap codec files.

#23 Erik Rönnqvist

Erik Rönnqvist

Dataton

• 93 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

Are you somehow trying to export to a Hap file, or are you trying to export a show containing hap file(s), and in that case which format are you trying to export to? 

/Erik 

#24 Playground

Playground
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

Hello

Just upgraded to 6.2.1 from 6.2.0 

I am running a few simple tests.

I have found that Watchout is not seeing the audio embeded on a HAP file that i used with the previous version fine

I realise the work around is to split off a seperate wav file but I am curious why its not working.

I had the opposite problem in 6.2.0 where Watchout did not read or recognize audio on a pro res file

Now the pro res audio is playing but the Hap is not.

I re encoded the pro res to Hap through adobe media encoder and the quicktime HAP codec.

Cheers

Ben

Watchout tech FMAV

#25 Jason H Thompson

Jason H Thompson
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:24 AM

I think I solved my exporting the timeline to a movie issue by turning off Auto Save.  Changing that one thing allowed the export even with the HAP codec files in it.

#26 Erik Rönnqvist

Erik Rönnqvist

Dataton

• 93 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

Regarding the Hap and audio issue, where Watchout does not recognise the embedded audio: Have you installed any codec packs or similar on the computer? Haali media splitter is included both here and there, in encoding applications for example, and may cause issues like this. 

/Erik 

#27 Erik Rönnqvist

Erik Rönnqvist

Dataton

• 93 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:31 AM

There seems to be an issue with Hap files containing audio in Watchout 6.2.1, as it is many cases will get recognised as audio only. The solution in the meantime is to use separate video and audio files. Additionally, installing codec packs, or software that in their turn install codec packs, on the production computer can cause issues like this. 

/Erik 

#28 mfbergmann

mfbergmann
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:38 AM

There seems to be a issue using UDP commands to trigger the production computer. Jumping cues that are farther along the timeline will work correctly with the playhead running at the correct places on the timeline, but the display computer runs through EVERY cue between the original place and the new one. A bit of an issue when sitting in preset and testing a cue at the end; the entire show flashes through. I have heard from others that the issue is also happened with MSC triggers.