Layer Color / Opacity control with GrandMA 2

BAG

Hi Together,

I want to control with the GrandMA 2 a Layer and in this Layer the Color and Opacity. How i can do that? 

To example i have a white png. Start of song i need this Picture in Blue / Opacity 70% and end of song i want to fade to Red and 100%

Thank you;)

The control you are looking for is available on a cue by cue basis.

If you want to control all cues on a layer,

place the layer in a composition.

The composition becomes a single cue on a timeline, you can

then control those tweens on the composition

and they will affect all cues on all layers within that composition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dataton Partner

May I suggest a different workflow? Been using this for a while and works great:
I’ve been providing lighting designers with on screen “fixtures”, being either a square, circle, gobo-shape or basically anything you like. Having 20 or more of these fixtures available across the canvas, allows the lighting designer to play around with them as if they were projected moving heads. You can assign any property you want (position(x/y/z, size (x/y), rotations, but for color it gets a bit more complex and tedious. I tend to provide 4 colors (rgbw) making pastel tints possible, but RGB also works well. Just create all of the above (however complex you need it), set blend mode to Add and copy the cue 3 times. Replace each instance for its own color and finally assign a DMX address to the opacity of this cue. You could even create a custom fixture for it in your lighting desk.
I’ll try to post a small video of the result of a simple “party” project.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2n5j0ifgs1ongap/samplevid3.mov?dl=0

• Dataton Partner

Clever idea, Walter. It sounds to me that you may even be able to simplify it further by using a Color tween, binding the DMX vaues to each color channel there, rather than duplicating the content and using "add" blending mode. Worth trying anyway.

Although that works on a single object, and just for colouring, you'd need another opacity tween for having it dissappear.  If you use it for multiple "fixtures", fading down all colours would leave you with a black object, as oppose to the first mentioned workflow, where your objects would actually dissappear or blend and thus behave like multiple lighting beam object blending with eachother and appearing on / behind eachother.