Backup display machine lost of connect

Phulsit

i have some problem about tier Backup display machine.

Yesterday we have event used watchout playback. I have x2 production machine for main / backup  and x2 display machine for main / backup display like a production.

I create  tier base for main display machine  and two tier for backup display machine.All IP assignments are different.

main and backup all can online and play all together. until 5 hours past only backup display lost of connect and show logo watchout on multiview barco E2. But main machine don't have a problem can running

i hope you help me this problem

i have some problem about tier Backup display machine.

Yesterday we have event used watchout playback. I have x2 production machine for main / backup  and x2 display machine for main / backup display like a production.

I create  tier base for main display machine  and two tier for backup display machine.All IP assignments are different.

main and backup all can online and play all together. until 5 hours past only backup display lost of connect and show logo watchout on multiview barco E2. But main machine don't have a problem can running

i hope you help me this problem

• Dataton Partner
19 hours ago, Phulsit said:

Hi,

You are programming the show on one production computer with a tier for the main display server and a second tier for the backup server and then you copy the show file to the backup production computer and run your show?

Did you turn the unwanted outputs off in each system, i.e. the displays of the backup system are turned off in the main system and vice-versa?

Are both display servers identical?

What sort of graphics card do you use and how many outputs on the graphics card?

If you use DP>DVI/HDMI adaptors, are they active or passive?

Do you see any error message on the production software when the backup server restarts WATCHPOINT by itself?

There are a few situations where the WATCHDOG of WATCHPOINT would restart a server:

- when the display configuration changes (EDID information changes due to bad cable, wrong adaptors, flaky input, bad CAT or fibre extenders,...)

- hardware issues on the display server

- software or codec problems on the display server

I would further recommend to change the name of the backup show file and use a separate network switch, especcially when you have two complete systems anyway. Switches are cheap and you can isolate the WATCHOUT timing signals of both systems. 

Rainer,

It seems to me that the OP meant that the back up Production is offline when the main Production in online.

In such a setup, the Production I assume sees s set of discreet Displays, just on different tiers.

This should ordinarily not cause any issues, should it ?

Suresh Madan

• Dataton Partner

Having the main displays in one tier and the backup displays in another tier, all turned on and set to different names and IP addresses, should not cause any problems at all. We are doing it on almost all shows with backup display computers.