Unable to use built-in VNC server on Display machines

actseattle

Hi, we're line testing and shaking out our new Watchout rig, and the Display machines are taking commands and displaying most of the monitors.  However, we are unable to 'manage' them using the VNC service built in. We can remotely shut them down, etc but the VNC throws an error of unable to connect to service.  Is this easily fixable?  I am a few hours away from just installing TightVNC and throwing my hands up.  I need to get this working.

Any info would be appreciated!

Nick Farwell

Stage Operations Supervisor

ACT Theatre, Seattle WA

Don’t give up on the vnc installed in WO.  If everything is correct with the setup it will work.

Can you describe in greater detail what your server system is?   Video card, processor, operating system, version of WO, etc.

Also, where and how many video displays is the server computer sending its video signals to, projectors, video wall, switcher and is the signal going directly to the displays?

What cables are being used?  Are you using active display adapters?

Are your servers set to a different and static IP on the producer and the server computers?

Is the Firewall turned off on the producer and the server computers?

It kind of sounds like an EDID issue and more specifics could help.

I’m based in Seattle for future reference.

AFAIK, a Watchout Production machine with Window 7 has little to no problems vnc'ing into a Display Machine running Windows 7 or Windows 10 v1607.

But a Watchout Production machine with Windows 10 has problems, using v6.2x or even v6.1.6. It works and it does not work. Pot luck.

Thomas Leong

Can you describe in greater detail what your server system is?   Video card, processor, operating system, version of WO, etc.

Also, where and how many video displays is the server computer sending its video signals to, projectors, video wall, switcher and is the signal going directly to the displays?

What cables are being used?  Are you using active display adapters?

Are your servers set to a different and static IP on the producer and the server computers?

Is the Firewall turned off on the producer and the server computers?

It kind of sounds like an EDID issue and more specifics could help.

I’m based in Seattle for future reference.

AMD FirePro W7100 in all three machines.  6-core i7, Asus X299-A mobo.  Newest version of Watchout, Windows 10 fully patched as of Sunday.

Two machines are running four displays, one is running three.

All displays are through SDI, via HDMI-SDI converters.  All displays are 1080P.

All active adaptors.

IP addresses are good :  

production machine 10.101.100.80, display machines 10.101.100.81, 10.101.100.82, 10.101.100.83

projectors 10.101.100.84 and 10.101.100.85

No firewall on anything.  

We nuked and reinstalled completely on one machine yesterday.  The one machine actually working has EDID force on all outputs.  It is stable, and exactly the same config as the other two.

It's a disaster right now. four of 11 displays are working.  Tech has started and we're out of ideas.  I have a person coming in tomorrow to troubleshoot with me.  If you're in Seattle, I'll buy you whiskey for a visit.