WO5 production software UDP issue

fdoeve

Hey guys!

i thought i would try and use watchnet to control my production software, but as soon as i enable the UDP control in Watchout Production i get an error message over and over saying 

[Error 7 0 "Unrecognized Command: Discover"]

and there is no info or control in Watchnet..

i know that, because i am using watchout 5.5.2 with watchnet 1.4, production computers won't show up in the network inside Watchnet, but controlling them should still be possible, right?

Anyone have any idea as to what i'm doing wrong? there's no firewall in the production Computer, so nothing's blocked there...

Thanks!

Frank

• Dataton Partner

I've not tried to control the production software of WATCHOUT 5. The discovery function for the production software works with WATCHOUT 6.2 and later. You might still try to enter the IP address manually in WATCHNET. The error you report just says that WATCHNET sends data into the network and the production software tries to listen but does not understand the new commands. 

It look like the production software doesn't under stand it's own listen command. 

Manually entering the IP address works,  but watchnet isn't able to connect to the production pc. 

Another issue is that after trying a while,  the watchnet server locks up and is unreachable. 

Hi,

The [Error 7 0 "Unrecognized Command: Discover"] is reported by the production computer because WATCHNET broadcasts a discover message on the UDP port that the production computer listens on. The reason that the error is logged is as Rainer pointed out the WATCHOUT 6.2 or later is required for the network discovery to work, earlier versions will log this error instead. The error in itself will not cause any problems for WATCHNET or for the production computer, the only effect is that the production computer will not be discoverable by WATCHNET.

When it comes to controlling a production computer that cannot be discovered on the network, the IP address of the production computer must be manually entered as you did but you must also enable TCP connections for the current show. This is done in preferences right next to where UDP control is enabled and is required because WATCHNET uses UDP for discovery mechanisms but TCP for the actual show control. 

Since you're using an older version of WATCHOUT production I would suggest enabling TCP control and disabling UDP control for the current show. This will allow you to control the production interface and should stop the unrecognised command errors from appearing as the production computer will not be listening on that port any more.

Best,
Joakim

That sounds like it should work... adding the production computer by ip address works and the Watchnet sees it as online, but there's still no control.

Also, the Production software now gives me the error [Unrecognized command: getStatus]..... 

EDIT:

My Watchnet Server is also giving me all sorts of error messages (tried to upload image, didnt work), but i get a lot of IllegalState Cluster not ready messages...image.jpeg

Edited by fdoeve
Additional info

7 minutes ago, joakim said:

Hi,

I think the culprit here is line 5 of the WATCHNET log: "Cluster error".
Could you please send an email to support tagged with WATCHNET and attach the log files from WATCHOUT production and WATCHNET and we will dig deeper into this issue.

Best,
Joakim

I'll get on it! thanks!