Audio bug in 6.2.2

designhero

Just upgraded to 6.2.2, cautiously, since we have been running 6.1.6 very stable for awhile.

Have an issue with audio on production computer. Placing a wav file on the timeline it does not play, and no icon shows up in the stage window to show its there, even though it should be (coordinates at 100,100)

Play Audio Media is checked in preview menu.

Also tried a h264 video file that has audio embedded in it. Same result, no audio.

These were non-issues in 6.1.6, so wondering if its a bug.

Did you by any chance open an older project in which the audio files were already imported? I had a similar problem recently with audio not playing in a old (probably 6.0.x) project from last year when opened in 6.2.2. When I looked at the audio channel configuration for the cue, no audio channels were recognised. I had to re-import the media (double click the cue in the media window to reselect the source file) to force Watchout to update the media completely - a simple refresh didn't seem to do the trick.

• Dataton Partner

Did you select a valid output in the Preferences settings in WATCHOUT?

And try to define the position of the audio cue by using the name of a display instead of the coordinates.

I assume that the layer itself is "visible" and not turned off due to the setting of conditional layers or standby layers.

4 hours ago, matkeane said:

Did you by any chance open an older project in which the audio files were already imported? I had a similar problem recently with audio not playing in a old (probably 6.0.x) project from last year when opened in 6.2.2. When I looked at the audio channel configuration for the cue, no audio channels were recognised. I had to re-import the media (double click the cue in the media window to reselect the source file) to force Watchout to update the media completely - a simple refresh didn't seem to do the trick.

It was started in 6.1.6, but just basic stage setup. I went ahead and deleted the audio and video files in question and re-imported them.

3 hours ago, RBeddig said:

Did you select a valid output in the Preferences settings in WATCHOUT?

And try to define the position of the audio cue by using the name of a display instead of the coordinates.

I assume that the layer itself is "visible" and not turned off due to the setting of conditional layers or standby layers.

Layer was visible, not in standby. Never noticed the define position of audio to a specific display until you said that! Learn something everyday. Tried it first and no change though.

Looks like main problem was preferences were not set correctly, swear I looked that over before I posted. Must have defaulted to a state that did not work with the fresh install.

I switched it to speakers and it didn't work, then I switched it back and forth a few times between none and speakers and it finally started working. Also the icon finally showed back up, weird that it didn't show up at first on the stage. You would think media would still show up in the top left corner even if the preferences were not correct.

Thanks!