Network HTTP Video not playing in 6.2.2

Mike Fahl

I tried playing video from a HTTP server using a Network Video media item. The video appears on the production PC, but never plays (just shows first frame as a still image). On display PC it doesn't appear at all (not even as a still). Has anyone else managed to make this work in 6.2.2, or is it just broken?

The video I'm trying to play is a 3840x720 H.264 MP4 file that plays fine in WATCHOUT if used as a regular media file, so the file is known to be good.

Mike

Well, the network video media item in WO is supposed to handle both RTSP (proper streaming) and plain HTTP file access. The point with the HTTP video file access is that one can update a video file on a web server, and then have WO pick it up "dynamically", without someone having to edit and push a new show. Such arrangements can streamline content management when the client wants to be able to update some content on a more regular basis. It works fine for still images (using an Image Proxy that points to an image URL). It's supposed to also work for video (since 6.2.1 if I recall correctly), but that part seems broken in 6.2.2. I never got around to using it in 6.2.1, so I donät know if it worked there.

Mike – http://pixilab.se/

The HTTP flavor of the network video is intended to play video from a file on a server, while NDI is a more demanding "streaming" type protocol, more commonly used with cameras and other live feeds. I our case, we want to use HTTP from a server to make it easier to update content on a separate server, without having to change the show programming.

Mike