Recommend Specs for new Watchout server

Rahul Gauri

Hi All,

I am an amateur,I am building a computer.

i am very confused in select the right specs for my server. 

I want to be very sure before buying this machine and yes i want to ask which graphic card should i go for wx7100 or wx9100 i am really very confused.

Here are the specs Someone recommended me for 4K i am planning to purchase Please suggest:

1.I9 PROCESSOR 7900 
2.ASUS X299 II MOTHERBOARD
3.16GB RAM GAMING EDITION x2
4.SAMSUNG PRO 850 SSD (512GB) x3
5.AMD RADEON WX 7100 /w9100
6.COOLER MASTER 850 WATT SMPS
7.LIQUID COOLING
8.4 U RACK MOUNT WITH RAILKIT (CHENBRO)
9.WINDOWS 10 PRO
10.DATAPATH 4K CAPTURE CARD (Vision Sc-HD4+)
11.DECKLINK HD/SDI CAPTURE CARD
DP TO DVI ADAPTERS ACTIVE x3

• Dataton Partner

Use one Samsung 860 Pro SSD for Windows and a U2 or M.2 SSD for data. Two SATA-3 SSD in RAID 0 only give you something like 1GB/s reading speed. Since all the rest is quite up to date I would go for a faster storage for WATCHOUT as well. We are mounting the M.2 NVMe SSD into a PCIe holder with a passive cooler. Active cooling would even be better. The drives tend to get rather hot and then drop speed.

• 5 months later...

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB is only intended for purpose-fit machines (e.g. POS terminals, ATMs, digital signage, medical devices, etc.) and should not be used on consumer machines. Consequently, it is not available through traditional retail channels. If you're looking to upgrade, Windows 10 Home or Pro is likely what you're looking for.

However, a 90 day free trial for LTSB is available for download on TechNet. You'll need to log in with a Microsoft account and register specifically for evaluation. Use beyond the trial period will require a volume license agreement with Microsoft.

From Brian on https://superuser.com