NDI After Effects

stiegzinator

I have the most recent NDI tools installed on a Mac, including the NDI Adobe Creative Cloud plugin. I have the plugin enabled in After Effects to output video preview. I have the Mac networked together on a Watchout production computer.

The problem I'm having is that Watchout is only showing a black screen for the NDI stream from After Effects. I've installed the NDI Studio Monitor on the production computer to test the connection, and it's seeing the After Effects stream just fine. I ran NDI's Scan Converter on the Mac, and both Watchout and the Studio Monitor could pick that up, but Watchout still showed black on the After Effects stream.

I've made sure the IPv6 and the firewall is disabled on both computers, and even tried turning off all other networks on the Mac and still got nothing. The frustrating thing is that we've had a designer come in and we were able to get his Mac doing what we wanted, but we couldn't replicate it on my Mac. It's weird that their Mac was fine, but mine wasn't and that the Studio Monitor could pick it up, but Watchout doesn't, but it does using a different NDI stream from the same computer. Does anyone have any ideas that I could try to troubleshoot?

22 hours ago, cowboyclint said:

For the future people finding this, what version of OSX and Adobe software are you running?

Works fine for me on OS 10.13.6, and Adobe AE 15.1.2

I was running OS 10.12.6 and Adobe AE 14.2.2. The designer was also running AE 14.2.2 and was on an earlier Mac OS, but I don't remember which one.

• 3 months later...