windows loading freeze after using watchout

Elad saad

hello everyone

i am using watchout 6.2.2 and  i am having a big problem after restarting windows.

the windows freeze on windows logo and not continue.

computer configuration :

CPU: I7 8700K

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370XP SLI (Last Bios)

Memory: Corsair DDR 4 16G (8Gx2) 2400

SSD: Samsung SSD 500GB 970 EVO M.2 X 2

Video-Card: Gigabyte RX VEGA 64 8G (Last Drivers)

PSU: Corsair PSU 850W

At the beginning i installed win 10 pro and did all the tweaking.

i start testing the system with 6 / 3 screens and after restart when the watchout was open the windows freeze after bios.

i try to update all the drivers and last updates foe windows but the same results.

i try to install windows 7 and the same problem.

someone have any idea i am trying to avoid buy Radeon pro wx9100 its very expensive and i need 6 outputs.

thank you all.

Guest DavidA

Hi!

Perhaps you are affected by the same bug as is in this thread? Read JFK´s comment from August. Your GPU is based on the AMD - so perhaps an older version of the driver and the registry fix will do the trick. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am having this exact same issue. It never gets passed the windows 7 loading screen.

I have also tried windows 10 both with fresh new installations. I also tried different chipsets and still having the same issue. AMD has no idea how to resolve it.

I checked the boot files and it seems like its failing on the wx9100 driver load. W9100 cards dont present a problem. If I swap the card with a w9100, I have no issues and windows boots fine.

Does anyone happen to know the registry key " WmAudioRegFix off  " changes? I am willing to try anything at this point.

28 minutes ago, TonyShamel said:

I am having this exact same issue. It never gets passed the windows 7 loading screen.

I have also tried windows 10 both with fresh new installations. I also tried different chipsets and still having the same issue. AMD has no idea how to resolve it.

I checked the boot files and it seems like its failing on the wx9100 driver load. W9100 cards dont present a problem. If I swap the card with a w9100, I have no issues and windows boots fine.

Does anyone happen to know the registry key " WmAudioRegFix off  " changes? I am willing to try anything at this point.

Yes. ForcePcieLinkSpeed 3

watchpoint checks and sets the registry key every time it opens. Here are the instructions for setting the key. You should be able to back out using this info, but if you do not use the command line switch, it will be reset the next time you open watchpoint. If you run watchpoint with the command line switch and the key is present, watchpoint will remove it, but that becomes a 'chicken or the egg' scenario ;) 

1. Run regedit
  2. Navigate to: 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318\0000
  3. Create a DWORD (32-bit) Value named “ForcePcieLinkSpeed” and set the value to 3
  4. Reboot
If you by any chance have a 0001, 0002 or 0003 folder in the 4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 folder then repeat step 3 in all these folders. Normally you should only have the 0000 folder.

It is not a bug in watchout, it is a bug in the newer AMD drivers. The registry entry was added to correct an audio related bug in the AMD operation (nvidai does not have this issue). So AMD has added a bug on top of a bug.