Hi all,

Given enough PCI lanes and the latest drivers from Blackmagic, has anyone used the Decklink 8K Pro card with Watchout and seen if it now presents itself as 4 unique inputs?

Originally the drivers for this card meant it only presented as a single input, despite having 4 x 4k input connectors. The latest drivers and control panel should allow configuration and drivers for 4 independent 4k inputs. That's the theory, just wondered if anyone has seen it in practice. 

546451357_ScreenShot2019-05-22at08_16_08.png.038ea8f158d9c10de0c3f33450224982.png 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the a brief opportunity to test the 8K pro card the other day. Antonio is correct the card now presents itself as a 4 channel card once the I/O configuration is set in the Decklink control panel. I managed to test it with 4 x 12G UHD@50 signals on screen with no dropped frames or limitations. First impressions were that the latency was low too, although I did not get good chance to measure it. 

Needs more testing, but first impressions are good.😊

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...