Alignment data

mmazas

I operate a show with watchout 4.2.

I aligned different displays. They were fine. The masks also.

Then I stopped watchout, deleted the .../dataton/shows/<myshow> directory on some displays.

(2 reasons / cases for doing this : 1/ found that sometimes the cached files were not really in sync with the master, 2/ updated the OS / drivers by cloning a bare disk drive)

I restarted watchout, put it online ; the displays were updated (files transferred and cached).

But the alignments were changed (lost ?) and the masks were not at the same places.

What's the reason ?

And more important is there any way to not loose the alignment data and mask position in such case (copy some file - may be the spec file, ...) ?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

The show and the information of the alignment and blending is on the production computer. So you just need to make an online as you describe. BUT you have to be sure that your display computers has the correct ip number after cloning

And if you delete from some display computers the show folder, I recommend you to delete it from all the computers that conform the cluster.

Good luck,

Regads

Adela Kriland

Omagica AB

adela@omagica.com

www.omagica.com

Dataton Center

http://www.dataton.com/contacts/1059/#1059

+46 8 590 712 02

+46 70 549 08 04 mobile

Box 5012, 19465 Upplands Vasby

Sweden

Mexico

www.omagica.com.mx

mexico@omagica.com

+52 55 50149010

+52 55 1209-0900 EXT 107

+52 55 50149007

Mob 04455 35773537

Thanks Adela.

When you recommend to delete all the display computers' show directory, is it a strong or a light recommendation ? Is it just because you are not sure there is a problem but it is just a security "in case of" to avoid it by this means ? I have 29 display computers, and updating all of them at online takes 20 mn ..., so I would like to avoid it if it not really necessary.

But I think that the problem I reported may be due to another procedure I follow.

I have the producer on a desktop and a copy of it on a laptop. 2 months ago I copied all the MASTER SHOW2 folder from the desktop to the laptop, and since when I need to align grids or maks I take the laptop in the room, launch watchout, online, do the work, offline, save the watchout, and the copy the .watch file from the laptop to the desktop. Am I right doing this, or am I missing some data doing this ?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

I would recommend you to do like this instead of copying .watch-files,

if all you want to achieve is saving your geometry correction data.

What you need on your "correction" laptop is then only:

- the showfile (.watch) of the show in question

- a grid image for adjusting, no other content.

There are two ways to do this:

A: Snapshot Backup of Geometry Corrections and all Display/s configuration data

1. Copy all the displays form the Stage window (Select All, Copy), and paste the result into an empty text document.

Save this document using some name you can remember.

2. Modify your displays to some different geometry settings.

3. If desired, repeat step 1, making a new document.

4. To restore a previous "snapshot", open the desired text document, Select All, Copy.

Back in WATCHOUT, select all displays, choose Clear to remove them, then Paste to add the ones you copied

from your text document back in.

This will copy (and save) the Displays all info, geometry, position, IP-adress, color etc.

So, using the clipboard, with simple Copy/Paste, you should be able to keep as many display configurations as you want around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If all you want is the Geometry data, it can be achieved in a similar way:

B: Snapshot Backup of Geometry Corrections per Display

1. Double-click Display1 in the Stage window to open it, select the Geometry tab, click Copy (below the grid),

and paste the result into an empty text document.

Save this document using some name you can remember, Display1, for example.

2. If desired, repeat step 1, making a new document, for each Display.

3. To restore a previous "snapshot", open the desired text document, Select All, Copy

4. Double-click Display1 in the Stage window to open it, select the Geometry tab, click Paste (below the grid),

click OK and close the Window.

Don't forget to make an Update, Ctrl+D and a Save, Ctrl+S also!

This will ONLY copy the Geometry data, nothing else.

Could also be useful when your Display setup in two different Shows,

has the same overlap setup, but different positions in the Stage Window

/jonas

Saving and Copying of Geometry Correction data.pdf

I hope I don't add more confusion to the discussion, but this could be worth noting. When you adjust the geometry grid in WATCHOUT (in realtime) it is not "saved" on the display computer until you make an "update". The complete "show file" is saved on the Production computer after you have saved it (of course).

Best regards,

Fredrik S