5.2 Does not see VisionRBG Capture while 5.1 consistently does.

Nate

I recently upgraded my display computer to Watchout version 5.2 (from 5.1). I did this by uninstalling Watchout and Codemeter, restarting the system, and then installing 5.2.

Now, when I push a show originally made in 5.1 (but recently saved to a 5.2 version), I get an error reporting back from my display machine saying that it does not see a feed coming in from my VisionRGB capture card. I have opened the Vision software and can confirm that it is receiving a feed. I also confirmed that WatchPoint is still looking for the capture card on the same input as designated in the show. So, everything looks great on the settings side.

I have tried an uninstall which included deleting remnant files from my Watchout folder without success.

I have tried deleting the show files from the display computer and pushing a fresh copy without success.

I have created a new 5.2 show with only a capture input and still received no feed from the card.

Finally, I rolled back to 5.1 and pushed my original show. The capture comes up perfect like before. So, what's the story here guys? Does 5.2 require a Vision driver upgrade or setting change?

I too ran into this same problem and had to go back to WO 5.1

My situation was even more interesting:

• Setup WO 5.2
  • VisionRGB-E2s (driver

v6.3.2) using VGA as the source (RGB - 720p chosen in WO)

• Changed source to DVI (HDMI - 720p chosen in WO)
  • Get error "Runtime Error: Video Display Signal Not Found" or something close
  • Video can be seen using Vision software without issue
  • Tried uninstalling Vision drivers and shutdown/restart then re-install with no luck
  • Then uninstalled WO 5.2 and reverted to 5.1, all worked OK

-doug

Nate,

Curious on what format video you are trying to use.

- VGA or DVI/HDMI or Component

- Resolution

Originally, my setup worked using a VGA input, but stopped when I chose HDMI (for DVI use)

Also, a correction on card used, I believe I was using a VisionRGB-E2 (not the newer "S" version)

Doug

Hello,

Now I have tested, I am using WATCHOUT 5.2, Datapath driver 6.3.2. I am using capture with DVI and VGA. And no troubles at all.

BUT you have to be sure that there is a firmware upgrade in the Datapath Card when you install 6.3.2 if not you have to uninstall the driver and install it again from scratch.

Hope this helps.

And you can just change the connectors DVI to DVI to VGA hot and it takes it. Tested in 2 different computers.

Regards and have a nice day

Adela

Hello,

Now I have tested, I am using WATCHOUT 5.2, Datapath driver 6.3.2. I am using capture with DVI and VGA. And no troubles at all.

BUT you have to be sure that there is a firmware upgrade in the Datapath Card when you install 6.3.2 if not you have to uninstall the driver and install it again from scratch.

Hope this helps.

And you can just change the connectors DVI to DVI to VGA hot and it takes it. Tested in 2 different computers.

Regards and have a nice day

Adela

Thanks for sharing your results. :D

To clarify, the uninstall / reinstall forces a firmware upgrade of the card as part of the clean install of the driver?

Does the installation process notify you the firmware upgrade is performed?

Is there any way to query the DataPath hardware to determine it's firmware version?

Thanks again.

Hello,

When you install the new driver 6.3.2 it makes a firmware upgrade.

If this process is not done, because the card is not detected, then it does not work.

One way that I normally fix this is installing an older version meaning it downgrade the firmware sometimes and then install the new driver. And it goes through the process to upgrade the firmware.

I tried both the 6.1 that has work for me very good with version 5.1 and 5.2 WO. I have to accept that version 6.3.2 of the driver for Datapath seams faster, I combined with Decklink and Intensity with the new driver 9.5 which has much better performance reagarding the delay it had from activating the capture until you get the real picture.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Adela

RGB should be chosen for DVI and VGA use.

/jonas

Is this something that has changed from WO 5.1 to 5.2?

I have been using HDMI as the choice for Datapath VisionRGB-E1s cards for a few months with no issues.

I can confirm with Windows 64-bit and WO 5.2 that choosing RGB works with a VisionRGB-E2 (6.3.2 drivers), whereas choosing HDMI gives the error "Runtime Error: Video Display Signal Not Found" or something close

Will try to install Windows 32-bit tomorrow to see if this behavior is the same.

-Doug

Further inspection has shown that, while my original input was set to "component" for DVI and worked normally, 5.2 seems to require it to be set to RGB. Changing it to RGB, updating the display computer, and firing the show yields a capture display. I am currently working without issue on 5.2 due to this change only.

We've identified a regression when using 5.2 with Datapath Vision RGB PRO (the very old, VGA-only card). This will be corrected in the next maintenance update. We apologize for the inconvenience.

As a temporary work-around, you may prefer to revert to 5.1 if your system relies on this capture card.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Same problems for me with the VisionRGB-E2s card and Watchout version 5.2

Tried the above mentioned things as well.

Installed a new card in a Watchout system with version 5.2 already installed. (driver v6.3.2)

When I add a live feed cue on the timeline. (using DVI as the source (RGB - 720p50 chosen in WO) and go for the first time online while the timeline is at the live feed cue the capture is working. When i move the timeline to another point and then back to the live feed cue. The capture is not working...

Closing the display software and opening the vision software I can see the feed.

I've to restart the display machine completely to get the capture working again.

As long as the live cue is active everything is working. Changing opacity, etc, etc.

Kind regards,

Rogier

I'll try a fresh install on a different machine tomorrow.

I've to tell that in this machine I used the older Datapath Vision RGBPro card before.

But I removed the card and the drivers and related software from the system before installing the new Vision RGB-E2s card.

Maybe it's still a conflict with the old drivers?!

Something strange I noticed also is that beside the old RGBPro capture card I also removed a BMD SDI capture card. It looks like that the display software not recognise that the old cards are removed. The old entries are still listed in the "video in" menu in the display software..

Rogier

Hello Fredrik,

Same problem after installing the card and Watchout 5.2 fresh on a different machine.

System specs:

MB: ASUS INT S1155 P8P67 EVO

CPU :Core i7 2600 BOX 3.40 8MB 1155 HDg

PCIex16_1 slot: ATI EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5

PCIex16_3 slot: Datapath VisionRGB-E2s

• Dataton Partner

Thanks. Now we know what it was and that is always good. We will have a look on our side as well. Perhaps it need a small adjustment or at least a clarification in the WATCHOUT documentation.

Hi Fredrik,

I do have a question about this. In the "standards" dialog, I only have video-standars / resolution to choose from. Why not be able to choose from SXGA, XGA, SXGA, SXGA+, UXGA etc etc... I mean, for the BMD decklink studio, it's ok, I only use it to capture video-signals, but of course I use the Vision-card for data-signals, which are never a video-standard.