5 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Scheck

Michael Scheck
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLeverkusen, Germany

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi everyone,
when testing an upcoming show in the studio today I have encountered a very strange thing that I could not resolve. Maybe somebody has had something similar and can point me to the problem:

On one of three identical Display-PCs movies with H264 Codec do not play. They appear on screen with the first frame or maybe play for a second or so and then freeze. All other content on top of the H264-video plays OK. MPEG-Video plays OK, too. It´s just the H264. Judging from the HDD-LED the movie is played, the LED shows traffic when playing only the h264 part of the show.

I´m using Win7/32 with the new 5.2 version.

This is what I did so far without seeing any changes:
- check an old show that worked fine previously with 5.1. It has the same problems
- reinstalled a working image
- uninstalled WO and did a fresh install
- uninstalled Quicktime and did a fresh install, also stepped back one version from 7.7 to 7.69
- unistall and reinstall the grafics driver, also tried 3 versions of catalyst: 11.9, 12.1 and 12.3

The only thing I didn´t do is reinstall WO5.1 and try and old show. This is probably no option because I made the show that I need in 5.2, so I guess I´m stuck to the new version anyway.

It somehow points to a hardware defect. Is this possible? To check that I would need to swap components between a working PC and the bad one, no time for that now... Or is there any other likely explanation? All suggestions are very welcome!
Regards,
Michael

#2 Fredrik Svahnberg

Fredrik Svahnberg
  • Administrator
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi Michael!

The obvious thing to do is to clone the problem PC from one of the working units.

Best regards,
Fredrik S

#3 Michael Scheck

Michael Scheck
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationLeverkusen, Germany

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hi Frederik,
I´ll do that tomorrow after it´s set up at the venue. But I do not have much hope that it changes anything, since I already did a restore from the master-image of our display-pc´s without anything changing....
Regards, Michael

#4 Fredrik Svahnberg

Fredrik Svahnberg
  • Administrator
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Please do. I can't believe that identical content will play on two machines and not on a third, which is 100% identical with the other two. If you still have the problem switch computers and see if the problems follows or if it stays on the same screen.

Best regards,
Fredrik S

#5 jfk

jfk

• 427 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH USA

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Are you receiving any errors when going online or updating?
Possibly a file is missing or no longer correctly attached to its media object?
Would generate an error if so.

#6 Luxav Daniel

Luxav Daniel
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany, Munich

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hi

And? 3rd Computer running perfect?

We also have one or two "lazy" computers! Than we realize: The Hardware isnt 100% the same!

Could it be possible in that case?

Grettings from Germany
Daniel