This will not work well, it will also add a severe delay to your signal if it worked with WATCHOUT.

No USB capture solution works. Network camera stream (a 5.2 feature) would give you similar quality.

What is commonly used is a capture card, like:

Blackmagic Design:

Decklink series (SDI/HDSDI/Analog)

Intensity Pro (HDMI/Analog)

Datapath:

VisionRGB E1s/E2s/DL-DVI (VGA/Component/DVI/HDMI)

VisionSDI2 (SDI/HDSDI/3G-SDI)

/jonas

One more question please, I had a laptop for Watchout Production (HP elitebook mobile workstation 8560w), and a desktop pc for Watchout display, how can I input live signals from another laptop to display ? (For example, to show a powerpoint presentation)

One more question please, I had a laptop for Watchout Production (HP elitebook mobile workstation 8560w), and a desktop pc for Watchout display, how can I input live signals from another laptop to display ? (For example, to show a powerpoint presentation)

Well since your powerppoint laptop will output either analog RGB VGA or digital RGB DVI or DP or MDP or HDMI,

the best choice would be

Datapath:

VisionRGB E1s/E2s/DL-DVI (VGA/Component/DVI/HDMI)

That particular card requires a PCIe x4 expansion slot.

We are using sometimes as a cheap alternative in addition to our Blackmagic card a similar USB video dongle (it actually looks the same as your EasyCap but it is not branded). Surprisingly, the delay for the USB dongle is the same as for the several times more expensive Blackmagic card :-)

We are using sometimes as a cheap alternative in addition to our Blackmagic card a similar USB video dongle (it actually looks the same as your EasyCap but it is not branded). Surprisingly, the delay for the USB dongle is the same as for the several times more expensive Blackmagic card :-)

A pleasant surprise the delay is that small / good.

The EasyCAP sure appears to be just an analog SD video capture device.

Low res analog interlaced at traditional frame rates (29.97 / 25 fps) - ugh.

As good as you need for 20th century analog SD video devices :D

Probably not something you would want to use for a PowerPoint computer capture. Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Now I have a DeckLink Studio and a Epiphan Vga2usb,how can I input live video for both devices.

In WC production: I set input device:1 then it recognize the DeckLink

input device:2 3 or 4 it does not recognize anything.

Help me!

Now I have a DeckLink Studio and a Epiphan Vga2usb,how can I input live video for both devices.

In WC production: I set input device:1 then it recognize the DeckLink input device.

2 3 or 4 it does not recognize anything. Help me!

There should be no guessing on the input device number.

Confirm the input device number definition in WATCHOUT Display (watchpoint) is correctly defined.

The input devices in the WATCHOUT Display computer must be assigned in the Display Computer's "Video In" menu

before you can reference them in WATCHOUT Production. (reference WATCHOUT 5 User Guide, page 137).

If the display computer has not properly defined the inputs, they will not be accessible.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you please compare the following capture cards on EASE OF USE/Seemless integration with WATCHOUT, capture and display Performance (Framerates, image quality, pixelation, color quality, etc.)?

BlackMagic Decklink Duo

"" Decklink 4k

VisionSDI2 - (ALSO, any one know a good vendor? Google shopping shows up nothing)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have capture card Blackmagic design Intensity Shuttle. This card has input: HDMI, Component, S-Video and Composite.

Only working properly input is Composite but only with camera using PAL standard. When I connect to composite input signal from ROLAND V-800HD it stop working I have only black screen.

I try many watchout setting and I still stay in the same point... Could you tell me how I should configure LiveVideo input in watchout and what I shoud check else.

For example I connect 1080p signal (from ROLAND) to HDMI input.

Thanks for any advise.

I would not recommend to use Intensity Shuttle for Live Capture in WATCHOUT.

It uses uses USB 3.0, work on very specific chipsets/motherboards (see Blackmagic support), and you can expect a delay that is a lot more than on an ordinary capture card (PCIe).

It's HDMI input supports progressive 1280x720p50/59.94/60 or 1920x1080p25/29.97/30, NOT 50/59.94/60.

With a video switcher in front of a capture card, it will also add to your chain of delay, depending on what functions is used in the switcher.

/jonas

• 3 weeks later...

Walter,

I try used BM software to capture signal from any input and it works. But in Watchout it dosen't work.

Jonas,

thanks for your advice. I try HDMI setting which you wrote but it dosen't work any way.

Now I want buy another capture card and I think about Datapath Vision SD4+1S. Is it good choice? Do you know is that card work properly with Watchout?

• 1 year later...

<moved by moderator>

Dear all,

Has someone ever tried to use a BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 with Watchout 5.5.1?

I already have a DeckLink installed inside and has only USB 3.0 on the mainboard.  But, I saw a Warning Notice, saying that the BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 will work using a Rensas/Nec USB 3.0 controller.

Has someone come across this issue??  Any help?

Regards,

Shane Iyempermall

<moved by moderator>

Hi Shane,

It's true.

The intensity shuttle work with these chipset.

If you have ASMedia 104x chipset you can try with the driver version 1.16.10.1.0 ( not so stable )

At moment I can't try if the shuttle work with Watchout because me machines are out for work.

Paolo

Hi,

I don't think with these chipset, but I don't have the possibilty to try because my computers don't have these chip.

If you need to use it is more simple for you  buy an USB3  PCIe card with Renesas / NEC chip.

Paolo

Yup,

Thank you Paolo for replying the posts.

I've made the tests and finally I succeeded in making the BMD Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 work on the said Gigabyte mainboard.

I reverted my BlackMagic Desktop Video software version 9.9.6 and it works fine.  I tested all video inputs: Component, Composite and HDMI!

I didn't use any other chipset drivers; only downgraded the BM Desktop Video software v.10!

Regards...

Shane

• 1 year later...

Hello. I`m running WO via Bootcamp on a MAC Pro Late 2014 like Display computer (WIN 8.1 - i7 3,5Ghz - 64GB RAM - 1TB SSD -two AMD Fire pro D700). I have conected a BM Intensity shuttle usb 3.0 and a BM Ultra Studio Express for thunderbolt (both inputs via HDMI). The latency is lower on the Ultra Studio Express of course, but capturing a live camera (720p 60) in the Intensity Shuttle the delay is aceptable. I have another problem with the usb video capture: The image gets freeze some times. I have to update the project several times to get back the image. When the Intensity Shuttle back´s to life everything work´s fine, but if I stop the auxiliary timeline where the live video source is, the problem apear when I need to use the live video again. Not always happens, but is a recurrent issue. I tried mapping the opacity slider of the live video capture to a midi CC and of this way never stop the auxiliary timeline, but the problem perist.

No problems with the Ultra studio Express.

Any idea which is the problem?

Thank´s.