Presenter WO remote request

Alex Ramos

Hello all,

I need to give control of a aux time line to a presenter, at the same time as having an operator in the production pc.

We need to trigger back and forward a slide show made with pictures ( its not an option to use a computer screen media), must be pictures in the WO hdd.

Must be able to jump from control cue to control cue in the time line.

This installation is in a TV studio, so the production pc is not in the same room as the presenter and the display pcs.

Must be something that controls the production pc via the existing network linking pc.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Can you mark each cue point along the timeline with a "Pause" Control Cue with a specific name? If so, it should be fairly easy to create something that will allow you to go to the next/previous control cue using the "gotoControlCue" command (see the User's Guide for details). Contact me off forum if you need help finding someone to develop a custom app for you.

With any program that communictaes over tcp/ip or udp (e.g. V-Control, etc) you can control any timeline individually. Refer to the commands in the handbook under "Production Computer Control". Tried it the some time ago for Aux timelines and it worked very well with a little programming beforehand.

Thanks, thats what I need.

But it would be interesting to use a master cue or perfect cue to control the time line.

Do you know any PC or MAc soft that will send a UDP command when a key (emulated in the cue machine) is pressed.

Software that would have a list of commands to be triggered when key is pressed.

Alex

You could check out VenueMagic (DMXAV version) for user-defined timelines and playlists, buttons (that trigger a sequence of cues on a VenueMagic timeline or specific playlist Show Control buttons, as well as serial or MIDI Notes to Watchout.

I do not have Perfect Cue to test with VenueMagic, but if you do, test it out as an "External Control Source".

...I still searching for simple tool that triggers a UDP string when a key is pressed.

The simplest is to use Perfect Cue for its main design purpose: as a Pavlov response system to cue the production pc operator to advance-and-play or back-up-a-ControlCue-and-play in Watchout, with the appropriate pause cues in Watchout's Timeline.

Alternatively is to program Perfect Cue to emulate the spacebar for Play and left-arrow key to reverse a ControlCue in Watchout.

Another is to use an iTouch as the physical remote controller (instead of Perfect Cue), installed with the free Watchout Remote from Watchout System Manager.

Thanks Thomas,

The idea is to use perfect cue the way it was design to be used, only the production pc in away from the room here the presenter is.

Because i can have another pc on the same network, I need to send UDP strings from the presenters room to the production pc.

Presenter need full control of this part of the show.

Alex

I have Modul8 on the same network, and this MAC is inside de studio.

With the help of Mikael Wehner a.k.a. The Midi Thief from M* forum, i can hook the Perfect Cue to the mac, and with a custom module for M8, we can send the UDP messages for the WO production PC.

Thanks you all

Alex