Blackmagic Decklink Duo capture card feedback

JJ Myers

Hi everyone,

I know that this card is considered to be on the "tried and tested" list, but I would like some additional feedback from the user base. I'm considering picking one up for testing, and I am especially intrigued by the dual-stream capability.

I'm assuming that W/O can recognize each SDI input as an independent live capture input?

Other notes of feedback I am interested in from users :

- measured delay (in frames)?

- quality of de-interlacing? Can this be set (board level) on the card so that W/O doesn't have to do any software de-interlacing? If not, can anyone comment on the quality of de-interlacing in W/O? My previous experiences have proven poor when compared to solid hardware de-interlacing from scalars like Barco Image Pro, etc...

- does the card keep up in W/O when using 2 streams @ 60fps? any motion lag or dropped frames?

- general quality of card?

Many thanks in advance for your input!!

JJ Myers

Hi JJ,

Please see my inline comments below.

/jonas

I know that this card is considered to be on the “tried and tested” list, but I would like some additional feedback from the user base. I’m considering picking one up for testing, and I am especially intrigued by the dual-stream capability.

- I’m assuming that W/O can recognize each SDI input as an independent live capture input?

Yes, the Windows drivers treats this as two Decklink SDI cards, which it is, in one slot.

Other notes of feedback I am interested in from users :-

- measured delay (in frames)?

As the other Decklink cards, approx. 2.2 frames, I believe.

- quality of de-interlacing? Can this be set (board level) on the card so that W/O doesn’t have to do any software de-interlacing? If not, can anyone comment on the quality of de-interlacing in W/O? My previous experiences have proven poor when compared to solid hardware de-interlacing from scalars like Barco Image Pro, etc…--

I don't think it does. But the reason for us to use it is for the progressive capabilities, eg 720/60p

- does the card keep up in W/O when using 2 streams @ 60fps? any motion lag or dropped frames?

I don't think so. But the limit for 60fps progressive is 1280x720.

Only Decklink HD Extreme supports 1080/60p (3G SDI)

- general quality of card?

Very good.

• 4 months later...