Watchout 5.2 Artnet

Mip

What am i missing?

I´m trying to send DMX over Artnet to an Luminex "Ethernet DMX4 MKII" Network Node. But the Node doesn´t forward any Data shown by an DMX-Testing Device. I made the configuration in the Preferences and created an DMX Output and put it into the timeline. Both Devices have the same Artnet Universe. So far so good.

Theres an HP ProCurve Switch between Watchout and the Luminex Node. Watchout creates Artnet Packages, seen by a Network Sniffing Tool. Theres also a Luminex Software Control Tool installed on a laptop, witch shows me, that e.g. DMX Channel 2 gets the correct values i created in the timeline. But all the other 255 channels are also getting any values, shown by a weird blinking in the Software....

Any hints?

Thanks for your help...

Mip

Hi Mip,

Do you have two devices simultaneously transmitting Art-Net on the same network on the same universe? If you do it is up to the receiver to handle the multiple received Art-Net feeds. If it does not support merging the two feeds into one and displaying the highest value it will flash between the two received feeds as soon as a new update is sent and always displaying the last value sent.

What version of WATCHOUT are you using?

Best regards

Dataton support /jme

Hi Mip,

First, when you go online in the WATCHOUT production software the production computer automatically starts to transmitting the Art-Net DMX data. If you go offline in the production software and by a script on one of the display computer load a show and run it that computer becomes the cluster master and starts to send Art-net DMX. This is also the case if an external control system tells the display computer to load and run the show.

Second, are you talk about Art-Net subnet or TCP/IP subnet?

Art-Net subnet:

WATCHOUT uses a more modern decimal representation of the universes 0-255 which translates to hexadecimal 00-FF. Some manufacturers uses a other way to adress the Art-Net universes. If I remember right you have 0-F (0-15 decimal) = 16 Sub-Nets and 0-F (0-15 decimal) = 16 Universes. To translate from the WATCHOUT way of setting the address to the older way simply convert the WATCHOUT universes 0-255 to hexadecimal and use the fist digit as Sub-Net and the second as Universe.

Example:

WATCHOUT Universe 0 (decimal) -> 00 (hexadecimal) -> Sub-Net=0 / Universe=0

WATCHOUT Universe 10 (decimal) -> 0A (hexadecimal) -> Sub-Net=0 / Universe=A

WATCHOUT Universe 65 (decimal) -> 41 (hexadecimal) -> Sub-Net=4 / Universe=1

WATCHOUT Universe 255 (decimal) -> FF (hexadecimal) -> Sub-Net=F / Universe=F

TCP/IP Subnet: You must put the NIC (network adapter) in the WATCHOUT computer on the same subnet as the device that sends Art-Net to WATCHOUT or receives Art-Net from WATCHOUT. If you set the IP number and mask on the WATCHOUT computer to (example) 192.168.0.10/255.255.255.0 you must set the receiving device to the same network subnet (example) 192.168.0.20/255.255.255.0

Best regards

Dataton support /jme