How to run an unattended show

Projectrix

I'm having trouble deciding how to control an installation show that does not use Medialon or really anything other than Watchout.

just a few questions:

We want the show to :

Start projectors automatically

Run the show

Shutdown automatically

switch to backup (Using a matrix) if the main display drops out?

Is it OK to have a 24 hr long timeline in watchout? The scheduler is probably not going to fit our requirements for this one.

Can watchout be setup to send email messages using the string output?

Would it be possible to use an expression to send emails if we receive a message about a display going offline?

What is the best way of forcing Catalyst Control Centre to boot windows to 4 displays? When Windows 7 starts it will *sometime go to 4 screens, but most of the time you need to open CCC to re-enable them. Is there a way to get a preset as a short-cut that can be loaded from the "startup items" folder?

Cheers

I'm having trouble deciding how to control an installation show that does not use Medialon or really anything other than Watchout.

just a few questions:

We want the show to :

Please find my answers inline below...

Start projectors automatically

No, problem, you can trigger a relay-box from an output cue in WATCHOUT or, if the projector is in Standby, send a string output cue.

Run the show

No problem. You can setup WATCHOUT to auto-start after reboot or a power failure. You do this with a command-script.

Shutdown automatically

Power down is pretty straightforward through commands in the WATCHOUT protocol. Shut down [PowerDown 0] or Sleep [PowerDown 1]

switch to backup (Using a matrix) if the main display drops out?

No built-in feature for this but you can certainly query if WATCHOUT is still alive and build your "switch-alarm" from the response (or lack of response).

Is it OK to have a 24 hr long timeline in watchout? The scheduler is probably not going to fit our requirements for this one.

No problem

Can watchout be setup to send email messages using the string output?

No built-in feature, but I'm sure you can do it with a combination of a string output and some external tricks.

Would it be possible to use an expression to send emails if we receive a message about a display going offline?

Same as above.

What is the best way of forcing Catalyst Control Centre to boot windows to 4 displays? When Windows 7 starts it will *sometime go to 4 screens, but most of the time you need to open CCC to re-enable them. Is there a way to get a preset as a short-cut that can be loaded from the "startup items" folder?

As I understand you've managed to find a solution for this.

Best regards,

Fredrik S

• 2 weeks later...

You can write a flash application (or an app from any development environment for that matter) that connects to your WO cluster over a TCP/IP socket. You can code that application to accept strings over that socket, and then use that string data to call a php script somewhere that sends an email. After WO, it is all pretty standard web development stuff. How you format and parse the string data is entirely up to you.

Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...

I'm setting up unattended show which will run for a few weeks business hours.

Should I let it run overnight or set standby/restart?

Could someone provide sample script to:

1. Load and begin running the show on startup

2.Standby at certain time

3. reboot windows

4. Run Panasonic projector internal dowser/ standby mode

Thanks