Watchout license key check

Rogier Tuinte

Just wondering,

I always thought and hoped that Watchout is only performing a license key check during startup of the production or display software and maybe also during a update or online command.

Last week we had a production, while the software was online, I had to start the next cue. Pressed the space bar for play. Suddenly a Watchout popup window appeared with a message that the license key was not found. I had to close the production software. Restart it and go online again. This message appeared 2 times during about 1,5 hour.

Again in my opinion Watchout should online check for a license key during non critical moments. For example during startup, online or update moments. Not during a show.

Watchout version 5

Windows 7

Kind regards,

Rogier

Seems your license key driver may be failing.

What version license key (wibu) driver are you using?

(the one in the WO 5 installer has shown this issue on some systems, a newer one on wibu's web site cures it.)

Next release of WO 5 will have the newer driver in its installer.

Just wondering,

I always thought and hoped that Watchout is only performing a license key check

during startup of the production or display software and maybe also during a update or online command.

WATCHOUT will check for the license on a continuous basis.

While the response to license removal is not immediate, you only have a minute or two to replace it.

v1.0 was the only version that only checked at startup / online.

When 1.0 user's reported they could start their backup system,

move the keys to their primary system,

and run all day with both systems - the next version corrected that nonsense. :wink:

I'm not sure. I've to check it tomorrow. But i think we're using Codemeter version 4.30C with windows 7 sp1.

Of course in this case it's always a consideration between user-friendly and software protection. But I think most important is always the reliability ans stability of the software during operation.

Rogier