backup display computers / backup stage tier

Rogier Tuinte

First of all. Maybe it's an idea to create a seperate ´Feature Wishlist´ section.

For the bigger productions we´re using extra display machines for backup.

For this I create a new ´backup stage tier´ with ´backup displays´ on exactly the same location as the displays on the base tier.

The disadvantage. Everytime I move a display on the base tier I´ve to change the displays on the ´backup stage tier´ as well.

Is it an idea to add an option in the display properties dialog, were we can specify the IP address of the backup display computer?

Or are there any other usefull workarounds?

Kind regards,

Rogier

First of all. Maybe it's an idea to create a seperate ´Feature Wishlist´ section.

For the bigger productions we´re using extra display machines for backup.

For this I create a new ´backup stage tier´ with ´backup displays´ on exactly the same location as the displays on the base tier.

The disadvantage. Everytime I move a display on the base tier I´ve to change the displays on the ´backup stage tier´ as well.

Hello Rogier,

The Move command comes to mind, but I don't think you can simultaneously move displays on different tiers.

Display settings are usually set and forget, aren't they? That math is often worked out before media is created.

In the rare instances where the stage is re-arranged, it is not that big a deal to duplicate the new settings.

Is it an idea to add an option in the display properties dialog, were we can specify the IP address of the backup display computer?

Or are there any other usefull workarounds?

I think you are doing it the right way now.

For backup or double stacked projectors, the advantage

is you have discrete / separate geometry and colorimetry adjustments with unique display objects.

Hello Jim,

I agree, normally most display settings / arrangements are done before.

But for show we're we've to change a lot of geometric corrections for example. Like projections on buildings or decor elements, then it's handy to do this once for the displays.

Of course after setting everything up i can copy the displays to another tier, but you know in situations when it's getting late and you're are running out of time it's not the first time that someone forgot to change/update the settings for the backup display as well.

Then it's very handy to have backup option in the display settings dialog, were we can specify the IP address of the backup display computer.

Rogier