Dataton Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Boudu

Newbie Question

Hi folks.

I am running a show in October where I shall be using Watchout for the first time. The show requires that I have multiple displays running a timeline with a presenter live on stage, responding to cues within the timeline. Occasionally he shall be having a 'conversation' with a video version of himself on one or two of the screens. My questions are:

1 Is it possible to manually cue the video side of the 'conversation' at particular points in the script? Is that an Aux timeline?

2 If this is the case, is it possible to have more than one Aux Timeline?

3 How quick is it to change timelines ? I will have three sections to the show which all need to run independently with some additional 'Downtime' content between the sections.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Ralph.

Hi Ralph,

>1 Is it possible to manually cue the video side of the ‘conversation’ at particular points in the script?

Yes

>Is that an Aux timeline?

Yes, it could be. Could be done through the Main Timeline as well, depending on the script of course

>2 If this is the case, is it possible to have more than one Aux Timeline?

Yes, as many as you need.

>3 How quick is it to change timelines ?

Instantly, more or less. They could be externally triggered via a USB MIDI-keybord, for example

>I will have three sections to the show which all need to run independently with some additional ‘Downtime’ content between the sections.

Seems perfectly achievable with WATCHOUT.