Feature Request ? Post here

Dimi

Hi there,

Maybe if there were different ways to organize things on screen in general, thinking of attachable tabs (like in cinema 4d), maybe an option to minimize or even hide items that are organized in (custom color-coded) groups (again, like the layer-system in cinema4d).

Because if you have your 200 tasks, folders might not be enough.

Plus, please bring back the "docking/undocking" of windows at the bottom when minimized instead of closing them. This could be tabs as well.

cheers

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Scabious: There isn't a lock mechanism as such, but you could move (cut/paste) the displays to a new Stage Tier, and then go back to working on the main Tier. It should make it much harder to move things by accident.

wish there was a way to "Like " a post - excellent tip.

• 2 weeks later...

as "founding father" of this topic I suggest the next step for it.

Users suggest a feature and other users vote for it. Everybody can see the count and Dataton flags it with "under review" and "planned under future release" or "we don't give a..." (I guess somebody can come up with some more appropiate flags)

So, we, the customers have better insight of future planned developments and can also better see where the community is moving as a whole!

The form/management of this topic is nice but obsolete. It's myspace or... ICQ...

as reference: uservoice.com

Millumin uses that for example...

dataton.uservoice.com sounds tempting for me:-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When duplicating an item (either copy and paste or duplicate item) the new item should be easily distinguishable. The duplicate item should append its name to have a way of indicating it is the copy.

i.e.

Dataton_Comp 

Watchout_Comp

Dataton_Comp(1)

I second that!

I think the comment by Dimi (http://forum.dataton.com/topic/794-feature-requests-post-here/?p=11737) about finding another way to manage feature requests makes sense. There are also some handy tips hidden away in this thread, but without paging through all the comments people are unlikely to find them. Maybe another sub-forum could be opened so that each request could be in its own thread without making this main 'Watchout' forum too noisy. 

A thread-per-request might make it easier to gauge user interest, and it would also be nice to get an idea of Dataton's feeling about a request - whether it's "yeah, we're thinking about that" or "won't-fix, deal with it". Funnily enough, the idea of a layout tool for Displays was mooted on page 1, didn't get much support, and has now been implemented in v6.2. Meanwhile, the request for a way to organise the Task window has received several positive comments, starting on page 2 of this thread back in 2012...

Hi everybody! We highly appreciate all your feedback! And the idea of creating another way to manage feature requests - to make the impact more visible to you who request something - is something we absolutely are going to look into. But at the moment, keep the ideas rolling in here, and you will be the first to know when and if there will be changes. 

• 2 weeks later...

A "Status Recall" feature for MSC.  The idea being, if Watchout gets a MSC command number 70, and I have pause cues numbered 60 , 80 and 90, if the playhead isn't between those 60 and 80 cues, it will recall the earlier and play 60. In a theatre setting this during a technical rehearsal, or when you need to emergency hop cue numbers, this will keep things in the right "cue".  At the same time, if the playhead is between 60 and 80, I don't want MSC cue numbers 71-79 to trigger 60 over and over, only when i'm outside that cue range.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The ability the control conditional layers from within the Watchout Production software beyond the check boxes in the preferences (not very user friendly in a show situation) 

Add the function to control cues on the timeline.

In conduction, the ability to monitor status of the conditions perhaps adding this to the status windows options.

Using conditional layers controlled internally that could be linked to inputs and/or expressions would many versatile internal scripting opportunities. 

Conditional layers can be put to good use for controlling loop states and multi branch timelines in live shows.

Anybody else see the potential here?