Photo

Feature requests? - POST here

media dissolve overlao Feature requests dmx512 dmx-512 512 dmx input feature request Framerate

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#261 ColinRendell

ColinRendell
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

When duplicating an item (either copy and paste or duplicate item) the new item should be easily distinguishable. The duplicate item should append its name to have a way of indicating it is the copy.

i.e.

Dataton_Comp 

Watchout_Comp

Dataton_Comp(1)

#262 keitht

keitht
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

When duplicating an item (either copy and paste or duplicate item) the new item should be easily distinguishable. The duplicate item should append its name to have a way of indicating it is the copy.

i.e.

Dataton_Comp 

Watchout_Comp

Dataton_Comp(1)

I second that!

#263 Bluetonesblue

Bluetonesblue
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

i.e.

Dataton_Comp 

Watchout_Comp

Dataton_Comp(1)

+1 from me.

#264 Bluetonesblue

Bluetonesblue
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

The ability to have collapsable sections within the Task List. Similar to Folders within the Media Bin i.e

> Pre Show [Heading]

> Event [Heading]

^ Post Show [Heading]

- MC Intro (Task)

- Medal Ceremony (Task)

> Other Announcements [Heading]

Love this idea!

#265 matkeane

matkeane
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

I think the comment by Dimi (http://forum.dataton.com/topic/794-feature-requests-post-here/?p=11737) about finding another way to manage feature requests makes sense. There are also some handy tips hidden away in this thread, but without paging through all the comments people are unlikely to find them. Maybe another sub-forum could be opened so that each request could be in its own thread without making this main 'Watchout' forum too noisy. 

A thread-per-request might make it easier to gauge user interest, and it would also be nice to get an idea of Dataton's feeling about a request - whether it's "yeah, we're thinking about that" or "won't-fix, deal with it". Funnily enough, the idea of a layout tool for Displays was mooted on page 1, didn't get much support, and has now been implemented in v6.2. Meanwhile, the request for a way to organise the Task window has received several positive comments, starting on page 2 of this thread back in 2012...

#266 DavidA

DavidA

Dataton

• Administrator
  • 39 posts
  • LocationNorway/Sweden

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:53 PM

Hi everybody! We highly appreciate all your feedback! And the idea of creating another way to manage feature requests - to make the impact more visible to you who request something - is something we absolutely are going to look into. But at the moment, keep the ideas rolling in here, and you will be the first to know when and if there will be changes. 

#267 ibmcclain

ibmcclain

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

A "Status Recall" feature for MSC.  The idea being, if Watchout gets a MSC command number 70, and I have pause cues numbered 60 , 80 and 90, if the playhead isn't between those 60 and 80 cues, it will recall the earlier and play 60. In a theatre setting this during a technical rehearsal, or when you need to emergency hop cue numbers, this will keep things in the right "cue".  At the same time, if the playhead is between 60 and 80, I don't want MSC cue numbers 71-79 to trigger 60 over and over, only when i'm outside that cue range.

#268 wiesemann

wiesemann
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:48 PM

Can we get OSC in Watchout?
cheers

#269 TomT

TomT
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGermany, Düsseldorf

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

+1 for OSC!

#270 mjsisko

mjsisko
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

The ability to have collapsable sections within the Task List. Similar to Folders within the Media Bin i.e

> Pre Show [Heading]

> Event [Heading]

^ Post Show [Heading]

- MC Intro (Task)

- Medal Ceremony (Task)

> Other Announcements [Heading]

+1 on this please!!

#271 lml

lml
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:46 AM

Timeline Playback Video countdown :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: media, dissolve, overlao, Feature requests, dmx512 dmx-512 512 dmx input, feature request, Framerate