Photo

Feature requests? - POST here

media dissolve overlao Feature requests dmx512 dmx-512 512 dmx input feature request Framerate

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Fahl

Mike Fahl

• Dataton Partner
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

Select Add Array
Then select Number Of Displays for the array (2 or more)
Then select the resolution of the array Displays (1400x1050, 1920x1080, etc)

You do know that you can copy displays from one show and paste them into another, right?

Mike

#22 makenithappen

makenithappen

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

"Always on top" for the Watchout display software.

#23 makenithappen

makenithappen

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Folders for the task window. I need to be able to organize my tasks.

#24 Neil Stratton

Neil Stratton
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Folders for the task window. I need to be able to organize my tasks.

I second that.

#25 dchristo

dchristo
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

I would like the ability to have the production machine on a different subnet than the display cluster. Currently I can load shows across subnets, but not run them.

--D

#26 Mike Fahl

Mike Fahl

• Dataton Partner
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

"Always on top" for the Watchout display software.

This feature is available for auxiliary timelines. Or perhaps you're referring to something else?

#27 Mike Fahl

Mike Fahl

• Dataton Partner
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

I would like the ability to have the production machine on a different subnet than the display cluster. Currently I can load shows across subnets, but not run them.

This should be doable, assuming a router that can be configured to allow "administratively scoped multicasts" to go through.

#28 glulab

glulab
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationValletta - Malta

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

the possibility to select many point in geometry and translate, scale and rotate them and maybe the possibility to create multi layer geometry and mask like madmapper

#29 JJ Myers

JJ Myers
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

I love features request topic discussions! One of my top requests is to have the ability to apply X and Y rotation to an anchor point separate of the vanishing point. In other words... not have to subscribe to the global 3D/vanishing point values for a given X or Y rotation. I understand this does not work for stereoscopy display, but for those of us who are using X and Y rotation 99.99% of the time for simple "2.5D" work, it would be nice to have the same X/Y features one has in After Effects.

Just to be clear, if I wanted to horizontally align multiple cues of a playing card, rotating on it's Y axis, I could never achieve that effect in the current version of WO. Unless I am missing something...

#30 kaarlek

kaarlek
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

In addition to default fades for cues, it would be super if switching conditions on and off, fades corresponding layers in / out

#31 judgedave

judgedave
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

An auto-stitch feature would be awesome. Maybe using a laser that provides a grid pattern and a camera digitizer.

#32 ARTABASE

ARTABASE
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Shortcuts to move each point with arrow keys for Corners tween

#33 Noizze

Noizze

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

A keyboard shortcut for the Formula button. Select multiple items on a layer and apply the same formula.

#34 geogen

geogen
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

I just want one and only feature
Built-in remote desktop, because vnc is very slow on win7, on xp it's was pretty good but on win 7 it's horrible, so if dataton will write some small their own remote desktop it will be awesome

It will solve 99% of my problems instead of buying not cheap capture cards.

#35 Jonas Dannert

Jonas Dannert
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

VNC is the only way to go, software-wise.

And the speed is what it is, approx. 10-15 fps.

Remote desktop solutions is not much faster.

Capture cards is the only way to achieve full framerate.

/jonas

#36 geogen

geogen
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thanks Jonas , but it's possible

I was able to write my own remote control software in vb.net and my framerate in 1280x1024 resolution was about 25 frames with 10-15 % load on regular dual core processor

So basically in c++ it's can be achieved with faster framerate

But it's only a request, maybe in near feature you will consider adding built-in remote desktop feature

#37 Mike Fahl

Mike Fahl

• Dataton Partner
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

As far as I know, Microsoft's Remote Desktop protocol is proprietary. But perhaps you have more up-to-date information here? If so, please let me know where to find those details.

Mike

#38 geogen

geogen
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

I didn't talked about Microsoft remote desktop, I talked about dataton own remote desktop like vnc, radmin, dameware or my favorite VMware remote desktop which working amazingly fast with 1920x1080 resolution, I can see hd movies on local network with VMware remote desktop

#39 mikefynn

mikefynn
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Here's a few features I'd really appreciate.

The possibility of reversing a cue, much like hitting the 0 to run forwards, it would be great to be able to hit a key to run a transition backwards as presenters often like to refer back to their previous points.

As we are able to name the cues with the "F" keys and jump to them by simply hitting hem, I'd really appreciate a few more quick, on the fly, hot keys for moving to certain states within my pre-programmed timeline. Possibly by holding down control whilst hitting that key, it can automatically transition from the current cue to the new one, or something to that effect.

A default fade in and out time of 1 or 2 seconds for the uppermost layer would be a great time saver, as well as an auto fit to full screen scale feature, probably only the height (y axis) would work better.

I'd also be highly grateful for a slice tool, I know we can get around it with in times and cutting off the ends, but to be able to slice a video in two on the timeline, cut out the unwanted section and pull the remainder up would be very useful for those last minute requests.

Adding to that, possibly a slow mo, or sped up option, allowing us to play a file at half or double speed.

One last helpful request would be a shape generator much like to the text editor, predominantly for key-ing and / or masking.

Many thanks for the amazing software though, it really makes us shine brightly. Always a pleasure and a sense of security running a show through Watchout.

#40 Ofthedoor

Ofthedoor

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

A countdown clock that can be set to one or multiple cues would be very, very helpful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: media, dissolve, overlao, Feature requests, dmx512 dmx-512 512 dmx input, feature request, Framerate