Photo

Feature requests? - POST here

media dissolve overlao Feature requests dmx512 dmx-512 512 dmx input feature request Framerate

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#41 kimlg

kimlg

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

The ability to make a template/preset from Tween parameters and and key frames and then apply them to any content would be nice. Separate from copying a content carrier and dropping in new content. Cheers

#42 danielbrodie

danielbrodie
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

A countdown clock that can be set to one or multiple cues would be very, very helpful.

Isn't Watchout one big countdown clock? If you want something to happen in ten minutes, put it at the end of a ten minute timeline.

#43 JJ Myers

JJ Myers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Circling back to the feature request concerning geometry control...

With projection mapping becoming more and more prominent in WO shows, I am seeing a greater need for a makeover to the geometry control interface. What we would like to see is :

1. Some form of underlay of the actual display's current content, underneath the geometry grid. It is very important to be able to see exactly where we are setting/adjusting a point to in relation to the display's output. It would also be nice to see the warping effect on this underlay content, just like you see it on the actual display output. If performance is a concern here, we would happily sacrifice stage rendering while within the display's geometry control properties tab is open.

2. Making the interface scalable. The geometry grid is too small to work with in certain projection mapping capacities. If we had the ability to scale the grid up to a larger portion of screen real estate, it would help facilitate the meticulate work required for some of the projection mapping work we do.

3. The ability to delete individual direction handlers. I guess this can be accomplished by just setting the displacement value of the direction handler to zero, but the ability to just delete a direction handler from a point would make things snappy. The more it can operate like other vector-based drawing tools (eg. Adobe Illustrator), the more intuitive we would find it to be.

Thanks for your time.

#44 Jonas Dannert

Jonas Dannert
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

2. Is already possible, just drag in the lower right hand corner, to scale to any size. Available sonce WO4, I believe.

Or did miss something here?

/jonas

#45 Walter

Walter
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam, The Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

@ JJ:
Regarding point two : you can blow up the size of the geometry window to almost full screen already, to have a good look and make precise settings possible. Or perhaps you're referring to something else?

I learned that it's very important though to have a high resolution mouse at hand, as needed for all demanding graphic software like autocad / wysiwyg.

#46 dchristo

dchristo
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

I have a couple of requests:

1) a "reverse" consolidate function. Currently the consolidate function copies all media in use into another folder. I would like to *move* all *unused* files to another folder, leaving the existing show in place.

2) be able to customize the colors for the user interface... the white timeline can be bright in a dark theater, even when the monitor is cranked down.

3) would it be possible to get a true "save as" command instead (or in addition to) the the "save copy as" function?

Thanks,

--D

#47 JJ Myers

JJ Myers
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Well look at that! You learn something new every day ;)

#48 Luxav Daniel

Luxav Daniel
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany, Munich

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hi
I use "only" WO4.51, but is there a option to "clean" the Display Computer from unused Media?

I also want to know how the CPU and GPU is working for each Display Computer. (I try to use Windows Tools for that, it could be possible)

This would be nice!

Greetings
Daniel

#49 Jonas Dannert

Jonas Dannert
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I use "only" WO4.51, but is there a option to "clean" the Display Computer from unused Media?

How about consolidate the Show and download, then throw the old/redundant content/shows out of the Display Shows folder?

/jonas

#50 cowboyclint

cowboyclint
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

I would like to have another mode between online and offline. I would call it a focus mode. This would allow me to pick a place on the timeline, enter focus mode, and see real time results of what I am adjusting on the production computer (corners, position, scale, etc...). With so much mapping involved in the process these days, I would like to be able to see what I am doing onstage almost immediately, rather than having to update (look at the stage), look back to the screen, make another change, update (look at the stage), look, etc.... This mode wouldn't allow for live playback, just an in-between mode that allowed me to look only at the stage and move my media to it's correct position. Once you have placed an image where you want it, you would then enter live mode to update and get back into running a show. This would be really helpful if we had corner control via mouse.
Thanks,
Clint

#51 eersoy

eersoy
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

How about "Below Main Timeline" option for auxilary timelines?

Regards
Efe Ersoy

#52 Dropframe

Dropframe
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

This feels almost like Christmas !!!

- To be able to do a grid type of image correction... Like a 4x4 or 6x6 and manage the grid with proper keyboard shortcuts !

- This as been mentioned a couple of times but to be able to WARP using the keyboard only is becoming a MUST. It would be so nice to be able to move from point to point and move points or select rows ! Just like some of the projection warping tools offers...

- I have been working a lot with tiers to be able to manage what MPEG will play in wich server and so far only a LAYER can be dedicated to a specific tier... Can this be also in the CUE it-self in the advance tab for example ? I use composition a lot in these cases but in a 11 server system MAIN and BU it is annoying having to select the right tier for every pice of media and this every time as opposed to copy and paste existing cues with the TIER information in it.

Thanks !

Seb

#53 Mike Fahl

Mike Fahl

• Dataton Partner
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

1) a "reverse" consolidate function. Currently the consolidate function copies all media in use into another folder. I would like to *move* all *unused* files to another folder, leaving the existing show in place.

The Consolidate command does this, kinda-sorta, but in inverse, in that when you choose the Move mode, it will leave all unused media behind in the old location. After doing a consolidate to separate used and unused media, you can just reverse the locations of the old/new folder and you should have what you asked for.

#54 nikolai

nikolai
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hi

We use Watchout in our theatre productions; we have two stages and 10 computers.

We are really happy with the system. It is easy to use, flexible and stable.

Over the last years though the complexity of our productions has grown rapidly, and I have now created a list of features/improvements that we would hope to see in watchout as soon as possible. Forgive me if some of these things are already implemented, or planned. I know some of them are pretty common on the WO forum.

The requests are based on the input of our staff, and of freelance video designers that are used to working competing systems. (And we would like WO to be the best )

I don’t see these features as fancy, special or even difficult to implement, most of them as far as I can see, don’t even require any new “technology” only small changes in the ui.

I hope you will consider these requests and I’m sure they will help many other users also.

Some kind of Auto update – mode.
This is a result of the corner tween: when you are mapping elements to match something on stage it is a real pain to move a corner, hit ctrl+d, see the result, move the corner, hit ctrl + d etc.

I have seen people working on other systems where they can do this in real time and it is a much smoother workflow.

What I suggest as a quick fix is an auto update mode that can be turned on or off, you can then send the update command either on a 500ms timer or when the actual changes occur.

The “Click jumps to time” function (under Timeline) Needs to remember the setting when I close and reopen the project. It is super annoying. Should be an easy fix.

Auto save, this is a standard feature in most serious applications. It just saves the project on a timer
Put in a new page under preferences with options to turn auto save on/off, and interval.

Split a layer in two (including the tween tracks)

You already have options for setting input and output times so this should be easy, make a copy of the clip that is to be split, move the new clip to the split point, set new in and out times for the two clips.

Moving on to the harder parts:

Blur-tween
So many times I have needed to blur an image, or fade in and out from a blur. Yes I can get around this with creating a blured copy in photoshop, but let’s face it this is not elegant. I know this is a resource hungry filter, but I don’t need the best blur in the world, and It should be up to the end user how they want to spend their dsp anyway.

Move to composition:

The way compositions work now, they are not much use to us, cause you really have to plan a head and think “this would be smart to do in a comp”

I would like to be able to select a bunch of clips in the main timeline, and click “Move to composition” (Or “Pre-compose” for you AE-folks) this would create a new comp, move the selected clips in to the comp at the exact same spot as they were in the main timeline.

Vector masks

Text layers was huge, now we want shapes. I know this is a big thing to ask but it would make masking SO much easier then fiddeling around with n-number of black bitmaps.
So I add a shape, just like a text layer, then I can add points to the vector in the stage window. The shape enters “edit mode” when we double click it in the stage.
I don’t need Bezier-curves and stuff but feather would be fantastic.

I hope you would at least consider some of these features for one of your upcoming releases.

#55 MOOV

MOOV
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPOLAND

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Halo Nikolai, Thank You for sharing this, my oppinion is very similar, specialy BLUR and  Corner Tween. I Like WO very much some improvements will make this tool much beter :)

Piotr

MOOV

http://moov.pl

#56 kilic

kilic

• Dataton Partner
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hi,

I request a couple of features to add in upcoming revisions/versions.

1 GUI

Bigger start and play/pause buttons option in the task window, in order to run production in windows based tablet/touchscreen PCs

also good for the old users with eye glasses like me :)

2 Control Cues

2A A global option like "Disable Control Cues"

When this option is selected all the control cues except "Stop" will be disabled, no pause no jump ; it would be great if this feature would be update independent (This feature can also be enabled/disabled via external control, like a midi controller button, and the status can be viewed in status window.

This can be achieved in a way by "Condition" maybe, not checked if condiiton setting of a layer also disable control cues or not. 

2B Soft Jump/Jump&Run

For example timeline is running or paused, when you click to a different timeposition + Ctrl,(Or a cue in different time position) you jump to that position in fade, fade can be same as the standby enter/exit rate, or can be determined independently in preferences GUI.

When you click to another time position while Ctrl & Shift pressed, same as above but this time not only jump with fade, but run after %50 fade delay.

3 Entry Level Morph

If the geometry correction feature development still in progress, time based geometry correction may be also added. So we can have simple morph functionality, and also spherize,bulge effect and similiar.

I guess it is not so easy in a short time, but in the initial phase, it can be first "display based", second "cue based (Only in non overlapping single display)" and at the end entirely.

I think this feature requires some major version.

4 Tween f unction;

Not only with math op. but also logical expressions;

If faderA > 0.5 then TweenValue + faderB*100 else TweenValue + faderB*200 (Just an example)

With logical expressions we can achieve too much variations with limited Inputs.

Thanks,

Kilic

#57 kilic

kilic

• Dataton Partner
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

One more thing,

it is actually not a feature request but a missed function.

In stage tier menü, there exists only Add Tier, and Rename

1 Remove Tier is not there..., when you work with many tiers and want to cancel one of them, it is very confusing since it always remain there, so i rename it like " Removed" or similiar..

There exists also no dublicate name control of Rename, you can have many copies of "Base"...

Kilic

#58 Mike Fahl

Mike Fahl

• Dataton Partner
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

nikolai and kilic, many thanks for all your excellent suggestions! Just  few breif comments.

This can be achieved in a way by "Condition" maybe, not checked if condiiton setting of a layer also disable control cues or not. 

Yes, it can.

Not only with math op. but also logical expressions;

If faderA > 0.5 then TweenValue + faderB*100 else TweenValue + faderB*200 (Just an example)

With logical expressions we can achieve too much variations with limited Inputs.

Such conditional expressions will be in the next version.

#59 Guest_mwatzl_*

Guest_mwatzl_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Geometry....Ctrl-Z? 

#60 InnovatumSC

InnovatumSC

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I would love to have some form of surround mixing within Watchout, where each channel of a stereo or mono wavefile (or other sound source) can be outputed on all channels. Each clip could have it's own set of volume sliders for each channel. The left channel of an mp3 could be played at 100% on the left output channel, at 30% on the left surround channel and 0% on all other channels. I know this can be done using multichannel wave files mixed in Audacity but it would be a huge improvment to be able to do simple mixing in Watchout. Even better would be a sound position tween, but I know this is asking for alot. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: media, dissolve, overlao, Feature requests, dmx512 dmx-512 512 dmx input, feature request, Framerate