TCP/IP not send

Guest motorboogie

Guest motorboogie

Hello,

i am trying to control a Gefen 16x16 Matrix to switch the routing thats feeds into my Datapath-card. I am able to send my commands through a free telnet client on the production computer on port 23 and the switching works just fine. When i send the same command to the same ip address and port via Watchout Production software nothing happens, even with $0D and without in the string. However a network monitor shows that the connection is been established to the correct IP, while the cursor runs over the command-cue in the timeline. Do you have any ideas?

Thank you!

Stefan

Mmm...something missing in your post -

"...nothing happens, even with $0D and without in the string..." Could it be the [...] square brackets? Think these square brackets are required to tell the receiving unit that the enclosed letters are a text string, immediately followed by the $0D (no spacing) between the closing square bracket and the $0D, eg. [ON]$0D

Refer: Manual - String Output Page 181-183

Thomas Leong

Hello,

Mmm...I tried monitoring a feed out from Watchout both via TCP or UDP with the Hercules Setup Utility from HW Group, and it would seem that a with a simple command like -

run$0D

or

halt$0D

Watchout will send -

run

or

halt

The square brackets to denote a string are NOT required, nor anything else.

So apologies, I don't have a solution for you at the moment.

Thomas Leong

Hello,

I just browsed through the Gefen manual, and on Pg. 21, it says -

"The 16x16 DVI Matrix supports IP-based control using Telnet, UDP, or the built-in
Web-based GUI."

Additionally, (if I am referring to the correct Gefen 16x16 Matrix manual you have), though the default Telnet port is 23, the default UDP port is 8.

So, have you tried with the UDP output from Watchout?

Thomas Leong

• 4 years later...

Just ran into this issue and found a solution in case anybody comes searching for this like I did.

the gefen is looking for carriage return line feed at the end of the command. so if you're looking to call presets the command would be

#callpreset 1$0D$0A

Where 1 is the preset number

I am not able to send a PM to another member or view their profile, is this because I'm new to the forum? Thank you Richard

Hi Richard! No, there is no limitation due to being a new user. I just made a test user and could both see your profile and send you a PM. Let me know if this continues. 

Best regards,

David / Dataton

• 3 weeks later...

I experienced the same issue some years ago, and for me the solution was quite simple. Instead of $0D, I just entered "$00", which I guess the system don't expect a carriage return, and then everything worked. I don't know if this solves your problem, but the issues you're facing sounds pretty similar.

BTW, if you don't know this free app, dont hesitate to get it. It makes testing a lot easier, when working with TCP/IP commands to and from WO.

Best regards Christian