License Key driver missing

scottaharvey

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?  I am trying to re-install 5.3 on my machines.  The display machines seem to be operating fine, however the control computer gives me this error when I try to go online.  I have installed the updated WIBU key software already......  Thanks in advance for your help.

The Codemeter driver should come with the Watchout installation, should not need to install it separately? Maybe go to Control Panel > Programmes and features. uninstall all Dataton and Wibu software. Then make a 'clean'  re-install of Watchout 5.3(.1?). Check in  Control Panel > Programmes and features that both are installed correctly, should work (always does) I never saw the need to install Codemeter separately.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your thoughts guys.  In response to upgrading to 5.5, that is kind of the root of the issue.  I upgraded from 5.3 (which was working fine) to 5.5.  Upon starting Watchout in 5.5.......after 3 or 4 minutes, the stage computers would randomly disconnect from the network.  No rhyme or reason.  I then tried going back to 5.3.....which is where I got the error message.  The only way I could make the system run again, was to go back to 5.0.  If I tried upgrading any higher than 5.0, i get the license driver error.  This is still a work in progress.....any ideas would help.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.  In response to upgrading to 5.5, that is kind of the root of the issue.  I upgraded from 5.3 (which was working fine) to 5.5.  Upon starting Watchout in 5.5.......after 3 or 4 minutes, the stage computers would randomly disconnect from the network.  No rhyme or reason.  I then tried going back to 5.3.....which is where I got the error message.  The only way I could make the system run again, was to go back to 5.0.  If I tried upgrading any higher than 5.0, i get the license driver error.  This is still a work in progress.....any ideas would help.

You have somehow lost control of your configuration.

With that kind of behavior, restore your "known good state" archive

and work from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to shelve this for a bit as I was out on the road.  I am back in the shop, and still fighting this issue.  I have restored my last known good state of Watchout (5.3) and then loaded 5.5.  This has taken care of the driver issue. Unfortunately, I am still having problems with the system.  The output computers disconnect from the network randomly.  The actual message reads "Network error; Display computer: Connection Lost".  I will start the system, walk away, and them come back to find the output machines have disconnected from the network, but it's random.  You never know how long it will take.  All 3 of the output machines I am testing behave the same way.

I am open to any thoughts you may have...thanks in advance for your help on this....

First about the license key driver missing.

I had this problem 2 or 3 times in the last years. I installed the Wibu runtime and everything was fine.

But this shouldn´t be the normal case. When you´ve got the time, you should make a new install of your OS ( Win7 or 8).

Maybe that will also help with you connection probs.

But don´t forget you control-computer!

When loosing the network, do ALL the display-computers lose their connection ? (Then check control-computer, reinstall windows on it, change nw-cable and switch)

Reinstalling your Windows is the magic thing, that will help in a lot of issues.

When using an image of a clear install, this is done within 10-15 minutes.

hi sir/madam

ive already encounter that problem when i use watchout 5.5 version downgrade to 5.3 version  license key driver missing but already re format all pc that m using. the reason when i go back to watchout version 5.3 is when i use RGB capture card on 5.5version the power point feed on display it freeze. have to crtl d update to move on the display pc. and when i re test the 5.5 version create new watchout show i found out the problem when i put (RGB) powerpoint feed on task it will going to freeze on display pc. the reason why we are using task is for emergency cueing like camera powerpoint title slide and many more. where also using nano kork controller. for the meantime we are stay for 5.3.1 watchout version cause mostly our show using ppt true watchout

• 1 month later...

As a follow up to the original issue, I have approached this from every direction (hardware, software, etc).  When I install 5.3.1, everything works perfectly fine.  If I do a full un-install of 5.3.1, reboot the computer, and then install 5.5......the system crashes.  If I then uninstall 5.5, reboot the machine, and install 5.3.1 again.....everything works fine.  I have done this multiple times, all with the same outcome.  I still can't come to a conclusion as to why this happens.  I'm fine to run 5.3.1 at this point, but will have to dig deeper in the future as I have new machines coming in.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts.....